Monday, February 04, 2013

In Gratitude



Congratulations on the 2 Wins
 but most of all
Thanks for the Ride Home
 Coach Hans


Coach, your Men's Team gave the Ateneo Blue Eagles their first loss [2-0] ever [putting your Archers in the Number One Spot - as of now]  while your Lady Archers staved of elimination in dramatic fashion, beating the Lady Eagles [2-1].  One word coach - Congratulations .


 Coach Hans Smit


But what I really want to say in this post is -   -  -

Last Sunday afternoon, when I was writhing in pain from a severe case of stomach cramps - [Yes, I was literally sprawled on the floor outside the comfort rooms in the Blue Eagle Gym! - The pain was just F_____ unbearable!]  You just happened to pass by - and I asked if you could drop me of at Sucat - and you, accommodated my request - I'll never forget that.

In South Bay Gardens, when I got off your car, couldn't even close the damn door cause of the pain ! Luckily, my brother was just coming out the driveway to go to Mass - and I greeted/pleaded to him by saying "Take me to the damn ER Now !"

Maybe for you,'twas no big deal - but for me, in that predicament - The ride you gave me was a "life saver" [No, no, no - my life was never at risk - Truth be told, when I got to the Paranaque Medical Center ER - my Blood Pressure, my Body Temp were both normal / perfect !!]  But the excrutiating pain continued to persist even after I was given pain relievers intravenously.  My mouth was so dry, felt so dehydrated and I just wanted to fall asleep to "forget" the pain but somehow
 I couldn't.

[I realized then that sleeping at four in the morning the prev Saturday and NOT sleeping a wink from Saturday night going into Sunday plus my habit of sleeping 2-4 am sev X a week had taken it's toll - and that a previous sports - related injury {due 4 surgery which I had been postponing indefinitely since last November} had "radiated" into my stomach area - as what the ER doc stated].

After 2 or so hours in the ER, got back home - Just crashed on to my bed. When I woke up around noon, Monday - It was like nothing really happened the day previous - Felt fresh, rested and relieved - and It was just like I woke up from a bad dream.

I would have gladly congratulated Miel, Nikki, and the rest of your Archers - captured their post game euphoria and of course, empathized with my beloved Lady Eagles - but Sunday was, what it was - It's done - just gotta to move on.

Thanks a mill again Coach ! 

 brosi gonzales

PS
FYI Coach, nadelete ko accidentally yoong "fist on the cheek" photos ninyo nila Stephan Permanes and Jinggoy Valmayor - My bad !!
































No comments:

Post a Comment