Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cassius, Tyrese, Amara, and Nace


Why Not See Things
"In a Different Light" ?

I like playing it "smart", when it comes to people photography.  Playing it smart,  for me - is just being a little more patient, being so much more observant, always looking for those "moments that people usually don't notice/ let alone consider picture worthy" - {in a manner of speaking} ..... Constantly taking notice how ambient light illuminates the people [and environment] around me  .... hoping for that elusive "ya-got-only-one-shot-so ya-gotta-get-it-right"  photo opp that might just present itself  ... any moment 

and when that moment comes - I simply have to act fast.

Sometimes, I do miss out on such opps {cos of hesitation or, even, shyness}... and At times I do mange to catch such moments  ....


These are the kids of Rain or Shine Elasto Painters
---> Gabe Norwood, TY Tang and Jeffrei Chan.

Gabe's son is Cassius [in stripes] [fondly called "Cash"], TY's son is Tyrese [on light blue] [did I get that right ?], and Jeff's daughter is Amara.  

I met Gabe and wife Lei way back summer of 2011 {simply because I would often steal snaps of then, months old Cassius - during PBA matches}. Met Donna Chan only a week ago, and maybe soon I'll get to meet TY. - Why Not ?



January 29 - {around noon time}

I'm re-editing this post NOW - by adding this On-the-Spot Available Light Portrait of my nephew. Snapped it, just as he was about to leave for school - after tying his shoe laces whilst seated at the bottom of the stairs.

I, myself, was about to leave too - but when I saw the backlighting of the sun - on the stairs - and on my nephew  .... {Nice play of Light !!} -- I felt my Creative Juices suddenly surge !!

Like I said- Ya gotta play it Smart, and Fast - before fleeting "seemingly mundane" moments..... {that can make for dramatic/skillful images]
..... just whizz away ....

brosi gonzales


FYI
Up and Coming posts :
Rain or Shine  vs  Petron --- Semis Game #1
San Mig Coffee  vs  Ginebra San Miguel --- Semis Game #1
Rain or Shine  vs Petron --- Semis Game #2

No comments:

Post a Comment