Monday, November 30, 2015

Musclemen

SPARTA 
Sports and Recreational Training Area [Facility]
November 29, Sunday


Some New Acquiantances
in the world of 
 Calisthenics Competition


Learn something [even a lot] new everyday - - I say.

At least, that's what I hoped to accomplish yesterday at SPARTA [#126 Pioneer St., Mandaluyong].  I attended the "Battle of the Bars", the first ever official "calisthenics competition" event in the Metro.  SPARTA, [the principal owner of which is sportswoman/entrepeneur Amanda Fernandez] which opened last March, again sponsored another first time event.




Eventually, with the proper marketing, and with robust financing, this discipline could eventually increase its demographic dramatically in the months ahead - Let's wait and see ..

Now, this post - It is simply an impromptu, mini-mini [super mini] scrapbook of sorts - with ONLY 5 images ! to be exact, of a few of the athletes [musclemen, as I simply like to call them] i got to meet.



Farrel Salvador

Maybe, I'll post a few action images from the two events i covered yesterday afternoon - whatever - Hey!, this blog is a not a sports thingy or what - it simply is a journal where I sparsely share what i feel like sharing - from the basketball,  football, volleyball [either pro or collegiate] - baseball, softball , MMA - literally whatever sports event I cover week-in, week-out - albeit, with my own "spin" on things ---

 --- ALONG with what ever street photography, human interest, portraiture, behind-the-scenes imagery - stuff that also takes a loy of my time, when I'm not involved with a sports event. 


 - random group shot -

Rear L-R  
 2 Dennis Delton / 3 Jude Ilagan / 4 Jeric Tercero / 5 Farrel Salvador
FYI - the guy on the extreme left #1 -- I didn't get his name -
Front - L-R  
Francis Ian / Mau Gonzaga


It is that Simple [hopefully showcasing my photography skills in the process] and at the same breath, that Hectic, at times  - Truth Be Told -

Fact IS - I have a two week backlog ! - ha ha ha - meaning  since Nov.14 thereabouts, I've covered several collegiate matches, a football fund-raiser or two, compiled a robust amount of blogworthy behind-the-scenes imagery from several  collegiate matches - and I have yet to post them - whatever - !


TON Vergel de Dios / DENNIS Delton / REO RAY Minasalbas


Anyway, for now - I'd just like to thank these guys who gave me a little of their precious time for these simple BUT soulful behind-the-scenes "musclemen snapshots" [albeit limited] - for now ..


 MILL Cabral / RAIN Barnueveo

FARELL Salvador / JERIC Tercero


Coaches - Trainers
MAU Gonzaga / JUDE Ilagan / FRANCIS Ian


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment