Monday, June 01, 2015

Every Time ......



Forsaking All the Rest 









Years Ago, Yes - Years and Years [and Years !] ago ..... Yup, when I still had  "a so-called Architectural Career" - ha ! - As I was just staring to teach myself Available Light Portraiture -  a female friend of mine -  [who was "quite an accomplished photographer" - having had her photos published in a few magazines, here and there] - lent me a coffee table book featuring the work of a world-famous European Photographer.  He was recognized for his beautiful [and oh so SOULful] portraits of women.

 I admired his work - and in the back of mind - I started to ask myself  -

 How does one craft such beautiful, SOULFUL portraits ??

..... ..... ..... .....   And through the years that have passed since - I'd like to think that I have answered that question a hundred - even thousands of times over.

Having said that - I still remember a few lines - that have stayed with me - during those long years that I've strived {Hey, I still strive to this very day, Mind You !} - {to answer that question} .... { and knowing now - that there Will Never Be a Singular Answer to that question, but rather, thousands and thousands - and thousands more that one can discover - as one continually finds ways to improve one's craft} - That is, IF one is truly dedicated to this Art Form called Portraiture. ......

Anyway, the lines go something like this .....

" Every time I photograph a woman, She IS, at that Unique, Singular Moment in Time -
The Most Beautiful Woman in the World to Me    ...... " 


PS
Gotta Feel IT bro ....



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment