Thursday, June 04, 2015

Thank You


Getting By with
A Little Help from my Friends





Wednesday, the 3rd, saw me arrive {earlier than expected} at the Mizuno Head Office on the 21st Flr, of the Galleria Corporate Center.  Karla Bello [a former, volleybelle, Lady Eagle}, 
Mizuno Phil's Sales & Marketing Director, had been gracious enough commit to loan me three soccer balls {to be used as props} for my 1 pm Location Shoot of Arwind Santos at the Acropolis Gym [yes, inside the Acropolis, in the C-5/Green Meadows area}.

By 12:30 pm - I was at the Acropolis Gym.

By 1:30 pm - After a brief chat with Arwind Santos - I realized that the photo shoot would not push through - as I'd hoped for.  There was a SNAFU between the parties who arranged the photo shoot. 


---> FYI- HEY !!! , THAT IS NOT MY JOB. !!!  My Job is just to proceed to a Location [w all my photo gear], at a scheduled time - then proceed with the shoot - in collaboration with an assigned writer, and of course - with the subject - whoever she, or he may be.

 

About an hour or so later - I was back at Mizuno [to return the balls] and as I was about to leave for Stellar Atelier [One Gateway Place, Pioneer corner EDSA] - I decided to take "pahabol" snaps of the EDSA traffic [from inside  the Mizuno offices ]  and ended up taking On-the-Spot Portraits of Karla Bello - as a bonus.



Sure ---> On-the-Spot / On-a-Whim / Impromptu / Unsolicited / Unplanned --- with good results [to boot] --- Love It !- and this time - I was shooting inside a Corner Office overlooking EDSA from 21 storeys high [as compared to shooting fr the corner baseline of a basketball court sevX a month - for the past 5-6 years - at that !]  -- What a Welcome,  Unexpected  Wednesday Treat !!





Made my mini-photo shoot very brief [vowing to myself to return - for more casuals of Karla,
and Yu Murayama, Karla's officemate {and also a good buddy of mine} next time AND possibly taking More Dramatically Lit !  images of EDSA and the Western side of MManila - Well, we'll see - next time, I'll really have to schedule that] .

By 3 pm thereabouts - I was actually having my late lunch at Stellar Atelier [after which I took a "much-sought-&-craved-for" NAP] - Ang Sarap Matulog Talaga mga pre -> sa sofa ! - kapag galing sa labas, may kaunting pagod at sobrang puyat - at kapag Napakalamig ng Air-Con !

My Fine Buddies from Stellar [file photo above] [Ago, Peejay, and Arnel] have always been accommodating and hospitable to me whenever I pass by [usually when I have appointments at Pioneer St.]. What can Say ?



By 5:45 - I was at SPARTA. Amanda Fernandez [owner and founder] had told me in passing, a week prev, that there would be an Azkals Event on June 3 [6 pm] at SPARTA.  




I  actually had No Idea what that Event was - I simply showed up. Anyway, I knew I'd be coming from a shoot - so, at least, I''d have my DSLRs for any eventuality.

Turns Out that the Event was the Launch of the Official Azkals Kits - for the upcoming World Cup 2018 Qualifiers.  LGR would be sponsoring the said apparel.

The Azkals, along with their Head Coach [Tom Dooley], Team manager [Mr. Dan Palami], PFF President [Nonong Araneta], the president of LGR - members of the Press, and the Football Community - were all present - of course.







How would call I these images ? - press releases, snapshots, cityscapes, stolen portraits  .....
Whatever  - This is my blog - and Hey Guys - This is simply how I Share   .....







Thanks 
Once More

to Karla Bello, Yu Murayama,
 Ago Coronado, Peejay Lim, Arnel Reodique -
and Amanda Fernandez aka "Mands Fer " 
-who ALL made my imperfect Wednesday

Nice



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment