Sunday, June 14, 2015

Steals


Who Sez ?

Like I just "sed" - Who "sez" that for a portrait to be good [or great] the subject has to looking at the camera ? {Not that I have anything against that - Or that My Most Iconic Portrait [or rather ---> My Best Portrait of All Time has my subject looking AWAY from my camera}

In fact, last Friday, June 5, I spent Quality Time with a very close friend of mine - simple dinner,  catch-up Chikka - and our usual {normal} private mini-portrait shoot - in the coffee shop, resto, the food "tiangge" and - even in the confines of the Ayala pedestrian tunnels where I took portraits under the watchful eyes of the Makati CBD security guard - Ha ! - and roughly 90% of my shots [beautiful on-the-spot portraits, at that - Iba Talaga kapag Matalik na Kaibigan]  had her facing the camera.

In the environs of the PBA. tho  - It is, more often than not, the other way around.   90% of my on-the-spot portraits are Stolen Shots - and the said steals Almost Always turn out to be my Best On-the-Spots .

The past two PBA playdates, again,  attest to that  .....


 Erika 
- Pleased -

Omar
- Mighty Pleased -

Glen
-Focused -

So objectively Simple, Sophisticated, Soulful [as in very evocative ], Subtle ? - Why Not ?
- and, as in my stolen shot of Ritz - could even be starry-eyed   ...

Whatever - It takes ALL kinds   ..... and the Thing about Stealing is ....
I never really know who will end up being my subject and which stolen moment will end up being shared, in blog posts such as this one 



James
-Pensive ? -

Ritz
- Starry-Eyed or Star-Struck ? -

Apple 
- Evocative or What ? -
 *&@=!?>)$+@<'?^#+ !!

Hmm, "Evocative" ? 'No Yun ? ...... Kung baga sa salitang Pinoy   ......
Basta ako - Gusto ko Lang na ang mga kuha ko Laging May Kasaysayan  !
{ I suppose that's what i mean when I use the word "evocative" }

Pa-Cute - Patawa - Pabiro - o Anumang "kasaysayan" ...
pagnananakaw  {Madalas - HINDI  naman lagi}  ang deskarte ko
[maslalo kapag palakasan ang kinukunan ko]

At least, in my "medium",  Stealing IS Not a Crime  - & Guess What ? -
I'm the one doing the "catching" too !  ha ha ha  ...


Feeling Ko, Jeffrei Chan's eldest {Erin} {This Time Around !} CAUGHT ME red-handed here !!
 [ DAGGER LOOKS ?!...] trying to steal some candids [of her, her younger sister, her dad, and Apple] -w/o her approval ?!    Ha ha ha !

Hey, Erin, Haven't you seen [YET]  that Oh-So-Beautiful On-the-Spot Portrait {profile} I took of you [way back last year ! - taken inside the MoA]  --- It's at flickr.com/brosigonzales ---
Check it Out !  Great Steal ! - If I may say so !



brosi gonzales


Tags
erikapadilla appledavid jeffreichan jamesvelasquez ritzazul onthespotportraits


No comments:

Post a Comment