Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Evening of the Fifteenth


Random Reflections 
on a Rainy, Restless Tuesday Night



"Thank God" for Nona, her rains made for a very stressful evening for a lot of people in the Metro last night.



Living in the Greenbelt area, I was one of the more fortunate few who was spared of that stress.  My Real Concern yesterday evening was simply protecting my DSLR [particularly my lens] from having too many minute, miniscule droplets of water - that kept on "coming" - ha ha ha.

That said, here are a few of my favorite images from that not-so-sudden downpour.





When the downpour was at its strongest, I was on the ped overpass {connecting Greenbelt to Landmark}.  Only a handful of pedestrians, with decent rain gear, [and who were willing to get their feet soaked] dared cross Makati Av' then ......



Sharpness and res was difficult to achieve - filter on no filter -  I had to keep a distance from the railing - lest my DSRL get too many droplets.



Once cleared tho,  I manged to bring out more texture.  Love this !




The feet photos - they were taken between Landmark and Glorietta.



Silhouette

Those unexpected fleeting seconds, when a female pedestrian [all by her lonesome] stood on the Makati Av' island - patiently paused --- [ gave me about 10 seconds to set my exposure compose, angle, relax, take a deep breath - make steady my telephoto lens - also, make sure none of the endless stream of pedestrians passing behind me would not accidentally graze me, let alone bump me] --- gave me my favorite [but not necessarily the-best-all-around] image of the night [luckily, i managed to shoot four steady frames before she finally crossed the street].




Uwian Na !



  Shoot pa more tonight ???
depends on my mood ....

brosi gonzales


Tags
streetphotography nightphotography cityscape humaninterestphotos lowlightphotographs photosrain picturesrain rainpictures rainphotos storm monsoonphotos citylights texturesandhilites metromamilapictures makatcitypictures makatipictures

No comments:

Post a Comment