Sunday, December 13, 2015

Alecs, Charo and Kaylee - 11 JPEGs

From 2013 !! ...


On-the-Spots with
Simplicity , Spontaniety
and
SOUL


December 12 .......
Two years ago, I first met Alecs Ongcal on a fine December Thursday, after a PCCL hoops match at the Arena in San Juan. She was introduced to me by my media colleague, Kevin Prudon, as they both were killing time, waiting for some members of their posse, who simple had to stay longer minutes inside the Press Room, on-line, to finish up on their work. 

AS is my habit, I did take a few snaps of my former acquiantances Kevin, Kristine - along, then of course, with Alecs, who had just been introduced to me.  

After a few snaps and pleasantries, i simply found myself taking solo snaps of Alecs, simply standing, [w DSLR slung] - possibly, with a bit of discomfort ... ? -  and before i knew it - she simply had ever so graciously accommodated my polite request for some impromptu  solos - on the already vacated basketball court [luckily too ! - some of the Arena houselights were still on - ergo - there was enough illumination for my available light portrait shoot].

Alecs was just simply easy to work with - very sure of herself, confident - ergo - the mini-mini portrait shoot was very comfortable. We articulated our thoughts free flowingly, as if we'd known each other for some time ....
... definitely made for better images ....
Thank God for people like Alecs. 



Such an extremely rare occasion - to get to meet someone as self-confident/poised/well-mannered/articulate [very pretty too - I do add] as Alecs - let alone be acommmodated an impromptu, one-on-one, on-the-spot, up-close and personal portrait shoot, literally !!, 10 or so minutes after meeting the person - as in this scenario - Alecs - the aspiring news photo-journalist, working-coed - from DLSU.





 That's Kristine Barreiro, Kevin Prudon, and Alecs Ongcal
- after I was introduced to Alex
  - I took about 15 threesome shots of which this is my fave


December 11 ...... [a day earlier]

Now, as was in the case of Charo Soriano [who i'd been acquianted with for sometime, by then - {2-3} years thereabouts] and Kaylee Manns [I'd known her for just a couple of weeks already - had a couple of heart-to-heart conversation w/ the Kansas City native already, too ] - - - 



I simply bumped into the animated, buddy-buddy twosome just as they were exiting the Ynares Gym [near Capitol Commons] - after a PSL volleyball match.

Simply in high-spirits - and already very much familiar with my "on-the-spot style"  - - - all I had to do was call their attention - - compose, focus and - - - Voila !!






Literally, My first two solo shots of Alecs
- first-above /  second-below
 



{FFW to the present} .....
Fact is, the last time I encountered Alecs - 'twas in the MoA Press Room  [last September 6] during a UAAP doubleheader.  She was in a serious mood - pretty much engrossed .... Never had the chance for pleasantries  

 I simply stole a couple of snaps {10-20}- two of which are here ... [above and below]

My last photo of Alecs - so far.  
As of late, I heard she took a leave of absence from school {DLSU Taft}, and has been since, extremely busy doing news photojournalism.

----------

I took exactly 4 vertically oriented twosomes of Charo and Kaylee
 - promptly changed DSLRs - then shot 4 horizontally oriented quick snaps 
[total of 8, all-in-all]



All Good, All Heart , All Soul !

Love Ya'ALL Guys !
Yo'h the Best !



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment