Thursday, July 07, 2016

Karylle

seven - seven - twenty fifteen



Sneaker Pimp


Remember Alli ?, Keli and her "vocal stylings", the feel and the vibe in 
"6 Underground", that trip hop piece from the Sneaker Pimps [the 90s]?

Me, i like / appreciatte stuff that "stays with me" - images, tunes, [not to mention - moments, of course], quotes, phrases, names, or just simple descripts or word combos that have a nice "ring" / "catch" to them.

 {The descript "sneaker pimp" has always appealed to me } - ergo, I'm just looking for a rare, appropriate opp to use the descript  .... hence, this blog post .. and the fact that these images are Turning exactly a year old, as i post them

 

Now, it's no secret that Karylle loves wearing sneakers. Everytime, I'd see her about town, the past few years, she'd always be in sneakers. Of course, I did not know her then - but when I finally got to meet her -> Exactly a year ago, to this very evening {July 7,2015} - She was more than simpatica and graceful to allow me to take her on -the-spots available on the latter part of a photo exhibit - when only the closest of friends of Julian Rodriguez were around, just taking it easy, drizzly late chatting the night away.  

FYI, 'twas in Julian's Photo Exhibit, at the Hostel, in Makati City, where I met Mrs. Yuzon [Karylle]. Julian is a common friend.

Just minutes before everybody called it a night [course - I did a Group Shot] -


Julian, mah man, is in the middle, in a black shirt, and khaki slacks


In the last minute, Karylle posed for me [full body shots] - and after reviewing my images the next morning - I had no doubt I would use the words "sneaker pimp", one way or another, in a blog feat on Karylle, tho, in this case, the majority of my shots were actually close-ups.







All in all, that rainy Tuesday, was more fruitful then I had expectations. I was able to show my support to my buddy, Julian - made some new acquiantances, - caught up with some former child portrait subjects of mine, now married} - AND - so unexpectedly, was presented with a one-on-one, on-the-spot opp {available light portrait, no less!} with someone - who I'd wanted to meet, for the longest time.



'Twas somewhere in the casual flow of things that i non-chalantly started taking close-up portraits {Mostly stolen, no-look shots} - as everybody was just so engrossed and so relaxed in casual conversation - and i was practically "invisible" , tho every now and then - I'd casually choreograph Karylle, tweak her head angles, hand positions - to get the best possible composition.


Concentrated on head shots [close-ups] of her and did not bother to take full body shots of the ever-charming and classy sneaker pimp, until she was about to leave already.



.... and  .....
  -    -  bow


- "Magaan sa Loob" -
- So easy on the eyes -

When my subjects are so comfortable with themselves -
Simply Everything Flows
My photography becomes practically effortless, even

What more can I ask for?



The last I saw of Karylle, was actually after Game # 2 of the Best-of-Three UAAP Womens' Volleyball Finals} {MOA Arena, last Apri}l.


bros gonzales

TAGS
karylle karlletatlonghari karylletatlonghariyuzon karylleyuzon availlablelightportraiture lowlightportraiture lowlightphotogrphy nightphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment