Thursday, July 14, 2016

Good, Better, Best ? - [revised]

July 13 - Rizal Stadium



Backlighting Mikee
- From A Distance -







If U see me "hanging around", during a DLSU Lady Archers, or Green Archers football training session {more so, if there is a tune-up game scheduled, at 6 a.m. in the morning} don't be surprised.

Done it sevX already, the past 3-4 years  ....

.. and each and every time I've done so / I do so - I need to create something Fresh and Challenging to work on.  To what degree I succeed [or fail] is impossible to quantify in numbers, and simply very subjective to deliberate on.

 Had my share of action shots from the DLSU training session/tune-up match - but it was the very few, early morning backlighted stolen portraits of a select few Lady Archers, that totally Challenged me.

From befreckled, flaxen-haired and doe-eyed Mikee - lots of elements to backlight.  Now, to what measure I succeeded - no need to comment, really.  Rather, instead, let me share these 4 candid shots, taken from a distance 
[shot w/ manual focus on a 400mm].




The one below is my favorite BUT  ..  It is Still SO Imperfect, and quite Unflattering, if I may say so.  Capturing [in that nano-second] the transparency of her left eye {getting both wouldda been spot on!} is good enough for me - for now.

Mind you - these images were stolen, in the midst of early morn warm-ups, in the middle of the pitch.  "TNT" lang - "Tutok n Tiyaga" ang kinailangan talaga.

Waited for those chance moments, when the sunrise would hit my subject at that optimal angle, and make the textures i was looking for appear.






Among these 4 images just shared ...   which is Good, Better, Best ?? .... 
Whatever .

For Now, the images above, are fine by me. 
There WILL be other occasions / opps next time.





brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment