Sunday, November 18, 2012

Main Event



Ali Cali  vs  Erwin Tagle

November 17, Saturday
SMART Araneta




I'm no MMA afficionnado and I have yet to learn a lot about this sport that's gaining popularity in the Philippines.  This is my third opp to shoot MMA.  I shot ONE FC MMA last August 31 at the SMART Araneta and ONE FC MMA [again] last October at the Singapore Stadium. This time around, it was Pacific Extreme's turn to bring its own brand of Mixed Martial Arts to Metro Manila.  Just had to be there, to learn more and improve on my MMA photography.




 Ali taunts Erwin


 Didn't get the access I'd hoped for so I just had to manage with my 400mm telephoto lens [at least, from the ringside area]



Blood , Sweat - No Tears
Notice Tagle's blood dripping
 [and mixing with Cali's sweat]
 on Cali's biceps.



 Domination !







 Look at the fear in Tagle's eyes, as he again, has his back against the barrier.

 Erwin did his best to put up a good fight - - -


 but Ali was just too good for Erwin to handle


 Game Over
 After a couple of rounds, it was beyond any reasonable doubt that Ali would emerge victorious.  Here, Erwin seems to be waiting for the inevitable declaration of the judges.


Moment of Triumph
Ali breaks out a huge smile as he is declared,
once more - Champion



 Thumbs Up !


 Parting Shot
{That's Erwin's girlfriend, Sarah [in tears],
on the rear left of the ambulance}
 
brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment