Thursday, March 14, 2013

Feeling Blue and Seeing Green

It's no secret that I root for the Blue & White - [I did feel bad for the Ateneo Lady Volleyball Team's Fab Five after they played their last UAAP match] but being an Ateneo die-hard UAAP fan has never prevented me from nurturing acquiantances and friendships from La Salle


Pia Bravo guts it out vs Irene Decena of FEU
- Feb, 2009 - Ateneo Campus - Season 73 -


Simon Atkins and RR Garcia of FEU go for a loose ball.
 - July, 2010  -  Araneta -  Season 75 -

Michelle Gumabao

Need  I Say more ?

Mika Reyes


That's Martin Villaflor [failing to stop an Ateneo goal]
- Feb, 2009 - Ateneo Campus -  Season 73 -


Former Champs Camille Cerveza & Cha Cruz
- March, 2013 - Mall of Asia Arena -
On my way out for a snack [an hour or so before Game Two of the UAAP Ladies' Volleyball finals last March 6]  I bumped into last years Finals MVP, Cha Cruz [right] and Camille Cerveza [older sister of sophomore Carol].

 Camille & Cienne

 Camille / Cha / Cienne
Taken when the DLSU Lady Spikers won
 UAAP Season 74's Ladies Volleyball Crown
Cha was named Finals MVP

I actually had my first ever decent conversation with Cha ! [I have had brief small talk/conversations with her younger twin sisters Camille and Cienne the past year or so, occasionally, at the San Juan Arena - and had featured their photos several X over in my older blog - so, finally getting to hear, first hand, Cha talk about her roots [Valenzuela, Bulacan] and how her sisters eventually moved to Hope Christian - was just a pleasant treat for me.

 Haya Ibarra [2nd fr left] with some friends
- Mall of Asia Arena - Season 74
Yes, I've captured Haya Ibarra so, so, so many times In Action
in the previous 5 Years that she was keeper for the DLSU.


Haya Ibarra [in red] during Game #2 of the UAAP Finals vs UST
- March, 2009 - Ateneo Campus - Season 73 -


 
Gecca Cristina P shows of her borloloy [as per my request]
- Araneta -

Check out Gecca's skulls bracelet
[have 2 other friends who wear skulls occasionally]
[I actually have one,  given 2 me, but I never wear it - hindi bagay sa akin]


- Young DLSU, Taft - photographers and writers  -
all smiles after the Lady Spikers' Three Peat 
 Gecca Penas / Timo Uichico / Paul Uy
 - March, 2013 - Mall of Asia Arena -


Kat Nunez of  Zobel on the fastbreak
 - Summer, 2011 - Zobel Pavilion -
{Kat is now a rookie/freshman playing for the Lady Eagles}



Hannah Viterbo / Adri Yniguez/ Miel Ampil
- July, 2013 - Mall of Asia Arena - Season 74 - Opening Day  -
- Hoopster Hannah V, and booters Adri Y and Miel A -
I will never allow such moments to pass without at least 
a couple of light hearted images of these young athletes
LUvUgUys !



I actually have a few more great shots of DLSU jocks, which deserve to be posted alongside these three - but can't seem to find some old files in my external Hard Drives  - for now - Will insert those shots [in this post]  once I find them, though.

I managed to photograph rookies 
Ara Galang, Mika Reyes, Carol Ceveza, and Camille Cruz
on their way to the DLSU dugout
JUST BEFORE their First UAAP Match 
- Novenber, 2011 - Arena in San Juan - Season 74 -

That's Sarah Stewart from the Softball Team.
- UP Campus - Season 74 - 
Sarah won the Rookie of the Year Award then


 Jopet Mendoza comforts Simon Atkins [centercourt] 
after Simon had just finished playing his last UAAP Match.
- Araneta Coliseum - Season 73 -


Raoul Recto carries his daughter, Robbie [writhing in excrutiating pain] 
right after the young athlete suffered a bad fall during a UAAP softball match.
 - UP Campus - Season 73 -

Luckily, the picture above won me Third Place in the 
UAAP Sports Photo Competition [On-line Category] 
DLSU was the Host University that season.

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment