Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reflections

Photographing an "Old Flame"
- or -
What I did during a 3-hour brownout




Last Wednesday night, I arrived home to an on-going brownout.  After a quick dinner by cell phone light, I proceeded to edit some images in my laptop - this time, by candle light.  Once I lit the candle beside my Acer - I instinctively composed an image in my mind's eye and began shoot variations of what I had imagined.

Strategically positioned the candle beside the laptop so that the flame would be reflected somewhat on the keyboard area and [more importantly] that it would be also be refelected on the LCD - and at a certain angle would appear to be "pasted" on any image I chose to show on the screen ---> and what more appropriate/interesting picture than an old portrait of an "old flame" ?? [someone I used to know and _____] - If you know what I mean.

The picture above  -  It is what it is - An image of two flames [one literal, the other figurative] [plus two reflections and two ghost images] Ha !

Thing is - photography [4 me] has always been a "way of seeing things" [first and foremost] playing with whatever visual elements are available at any given moment ---> and making creative use of them - and expressing[eventually] a feeling/sentiment, in the most interesting [why not compelling?] fashion possible such that I end up occasionally spontaneously speaking my heart [even baring my soul, at times] making one laugh, cry, wonder or pause to think - or just simply feel better.

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment