Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 26, Tuesday
Rizal Stadium
One-Photo-Interpretation


Among the tens of photojournalists at the Philippines vs Turkmenistan AFC Challenge Cup 2014 Qualifying Match at the Rizal Pitch last night - Am sure there are a couple of thousand images that were taken.  I shot beside my idols ->Jun Mendoza, Ali Vicoy, August de la Cruz, among others.   And did occasionally steal glances at their viewfinders - and even took candids of them at work.   Why not ?  No harm done.



Me - have my own sizable number of action shots [on which I have yet to paste watermarks on] - which - I'll probably release in the next few days. Suffice it to say, most of them will probably be generic - maybe technically AND artistically competent but still generic - seriously. 

That's why I chose to release my version of a "One-Photo-Interperatation" of the match. When I shot this image [ I managed only twice to capture the flag - w the scorebeoard as background ] - Did notice that I was the only photog shooting from that vantage point on the track as the security guys prevented us from going further to follow the triumphant Azkals as they proceeded to the huddle/dugout after finishing their "victory lap".

It's sometimes difficult, sometimes easy  - to go beyond generic, and still manage to get an "elusive" image that stands out above the rest, and still have Technical AND Artistic merit - along with a coherent image/message.

Despite the clutter and the short fraction-of-a-second window to catch the flag and the scoreboard in one click -  I managed two images.  The slightly better one is the one above.  Not perfect at all but at the least - I Tried.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment