Monday, April 08, 2013

Archive
My Best Three of Aly


Hardly know the guy. Met him only last 2011.  My  collection [if one could call it that] of Aly Borromeo images is very, very small {like 2O or so pictures only !!!} - as compared to my [examples only], maybe, Fille Cainglet, Kiefer Ravena, Kirk Long, Gretchen Ho  "mini-archives".   Since then I've had about only 3-4 brief conversations with him up to last February.

Funny, though, how one single Aly Borromeo image [Rebel Yell] in this post simply "humbles" all those "mini-archives" - In a manner of speaking.



 April 25, 2010
I took this image of Aly during a UFL match at the Army pitch inside Fort Bonifacio. I was using a Nikon D60 w/ a 300mm manual focus telephoto at that time.  I finally met Aly on the second half of 2011.


A Kiss from the Captain
July 3, 2011
Stole this Human Interest photo of Aly as he gave a flying kiss to, his then girlfriend, Ines, who was watching from the gallery during an Azkals match at Rizal.  This image came out in a post in my original [First Ever] blog
www.brosigonzales.blogspot.com - One can still visit it - FYI, I cannot upload posts there anymore cos I used up my allocated space.  It still gets a lotta hits per day, as of late - [My FINAL entry into that blog was around
 April 8] - and  Guess What ???  -What date is it today ??




Rebel Yell
July 28, 2011

My BEST image ever of Aly Borromeo 
 A True Sports Classic - If I may say so 
The image was taken just before halftime moments after Stephan Schrock scored - during the RP-Kuwait match [The Kuwaitis won by something like 3-1, I don't exactly remember] - Whatever - What I remember is just being alert [focused] and on my toes.  Without just the right amount of light to create dramatic highlights on Aly's profile, this image would have been a generic/ordinary /good-but-not-great action pic.     

 Right Place - Right Time ??   Pure Luck or Pure Skill ??  Whatever !



Parting Shot [pahabol]
February 2, 2013

I had a brief conversation with Aly last February, at the Rizal pitch, after a Kaya match. [He was there to support the team]. He stated that he would fly to the US of A soon, to complete his rehab [from an ACL] and hopefully get to suit up - before the year ends.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment