Monday, April 22, 2013

 April 21,  Sunday
Tribeca, Sucat

Invitational Football Festival 
 New Kids On the Block

[around 45 randomly arranged action images]

Actually covered several Fil-Oil Basketball matches last Friday and Saturday - but on a whim, decided to post these Sunday Shots first instead [I will insert the basketball feats later and still be chronological, at that] for the simple reason that it's been a long, while since I've crafted decent images from a Football Festival - amidst all the clutter that comes with such an event.

And this time, it just so happened, I was very much challenged since I didn't use my favored "soccer weapon", my 100-400mm telephoto lens [still being serviced at Canon]



Truth be told - It is actually more difficult to get "clean" images in such a setting, as I said, because of the unavoidable clutter, as compared to the big league matches, in the big stadiums in Manila and other Asian capitals !!


'Twas somewhat refreshing for me too, to be witness again to the "simple beginnings"/"seeds" of potential future talent that I'll eventually get to meet someday soon - referring to kids as young as 4, years, just starting to discover their love for the game.




I literally saw my nephew, now a UAAP booter for the DLS Green Archers, evolve into the aspiring athlete he is - I was at his very, very first football class -[Southridge School -Summer of 2000] taking still photos and gradually, through his grade school and high school years bared witness to his soccer odyssey.




The kids I saw last Sunday were, themselves, at the beginning of their own journeys into possible  future School Varsity / RIFA / UAAP - careers.  Nothing different from what my nephew went through.





This Festival was organized by Cathy Nazareno Rivilla [a pioneer of a business woman - an extremely attractive single mother to three wonderful daughters - and a good friend of mine too] and Jojo Durian - principals of the Younghusband Football Academy.




















The Invitational had several Age Groups 
 --> Under-6, Under-8, Under-10 and Under-12.








 Actual Goals
[picture above & next three images below]













































Faces of Future Football Standouts ?

















I could not stay and finish the Event due to a previous commitment [Cathy informed me about the Invitational the night previous only] but managed to catch the first of many Championship Matches - then split for the Emperador Stadium at BGC - to shoot HDVideos for a Cameroonian booter.

The Team above is the LMS [Loyola Meralco Sparks] U-12 Team, posing after beating the Don Bosco, Canlubang for the Championship.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as everyone tries his best, makes new friends with other teams, and becomes more well-rounded athletes and individuals - At the end of the day - Everyone is a Winner



brosi gonzales


PS
Interested parties may E-mail me at artbro333@yahoo.com or  contact me at 929-75-888-10  for HRes action images from the Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment