Monday, April 29, 2013

Bedimpled & Stunning

The One Thing that made my day - at the Jr. NBA [yesterday] - was bumping into Nesza  Salvador and Nicolette Ambulo.  Both are from the 3-Time UAAP Cheerdance Champion UP Pep Squad  [Nesza won't be suiting up this coming Season 76 of the  UAAP - she  just finished her last year -Season 75 - at least, Nicolette will still be around for a few more years -Great !!]  FYI, Both girls have won the UAAP Samsung Stunner of the Year Awards.

I actually noticed Nesza way back July, 2010 - and have since, released this photo [below]  in my first blog ->brosigonzales.blogspot.com,  my flickr site -> flickr.com/brosigonzales  and my current blog ->brosigonzalesnow.blogspot.com

 Nesza - July, 2010


UP wins the UAAP Cheerdance Championship [Oct., 2010] and Come Oct., 2011 - The UP Pep Squad wins the UAAP Cheerdance Crown again - I do recall releasing this image of the petite cheerdancer whooping it up at the Araneta.  [photo below]

 Nesza Oct., 2011


Oct., 2012 - The UP Pep Squad accomplishes a 3-Peat !!! - after a stunning performance ! - Dude - when they start strutting their stuff - Everybody is just just seduced and awed !! - For me,  their performance - Ang Lakas ng Dating Talaga !!  Ibang Klase !! - it is so soulful and ballsy !!  I am riveted as I shoot the UP Pep - they are just so F__awesome !!

From that 2012 Win, I did feature tight close-ups of Nesza, Nicolette and some of the other guys and gals of the Pep Squad in my blog -  [never did post any of the actual cheerdancing images at all !!]  - all the images were celebratory [smiling and crying]  -- and somehow, that post did register a Whole Lotta Hits   [in my Top Ten all time !!]


 Nesza - Sept., 2012

The three monochrome images below  were taken yesterday, April 28, after their brief performance at the Jr. NBA Event at the Mall of Asia. [ I didn't have my wide-angle lens, and there just wasn't enough space to maneuver so I just took these two "portions" of the small UP Pep Squad contingent ]


Numero Uno !
Nicolette is the one with the index finger UP


Championship Poise
Nesza is on the bottom right


The Men of the UP Pep Squad


I did have my "lengthiest" conversation [actually PR lang - bigay ng calling card & some small talk] with Nesza, Nicolette and some Up Pep Squad guys in the Mall of Asia on that fine September afternoon last Sept., 2012 [just before they won their Three-Peat]  - Even took a group shot, which I released in a blog post. [darn ! - can't seem to find that JPEG file at the moment]

Anyway, seeing them again at the MoA was indeed a pleasant surprise - I actually didn't recognize Nicole at first [of course, everyone grew their hair na] but - I still managed to "guess" her last name - I say,  Nicole was just as charming as any champion can ever be. Jesus ! - I just have shoot great portraits of this girl sooner than later !! 


Nicolette - Sept., 2012


By the way, the UP Pep Squad is set to participate in a Cheerdance Competition, somewhere in Asia, soon. Fact is, they are scheduled to fly on May the 16th !!
[And yes, I'll visit the UP pep Squad during one of their training sessions at the UP Gym soon - Of course, to take more images - for a more lengthy. more interesting feature on this Champion Team.]


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment