Monday, March 09, 2015

1st Week of March - Part 2 - {revised}


Behind-the-Scenes

{in Monochrome}
Random Mix up of Images taken from March 1 to 8
[in various locations]

I'll Fill-in/Add more "kuwento captions" later
- I do have to attend to urgent errands ASAP



Trinca Diploma

This Pretty Woman earned a Management Engineering Degree at the Ateneo and is currently studying at the Ateneo Law School at Rockwell.

Right Place, Right Time - Right Person - Right Moment ??
When Simplicity is the Highest form of Sophistication ?  
Sure, I can ramble on the merits of good portraiture [and then some] - if only to have "something to say" - hahaha

Bottom Line IS - I'm just glad that I just happened to take that seat in front of Trinca during the ADM-NU Mens' Volleyball Match - and that by the time the NU-DLSU Women's Volleyball match was in full swing - We were shooting On-the-Spot portraits at the Araneta C Lobby [with her buddies in tow]

Whatever !  Maybe - It's just I love what I do - and simply try to do it to the best of my ablities [NOT that I Don't make Mistakes in my photography - I still do, Truth be Told]

Then Again, Images such are these would be Impossible If not for the 
Graciousness, Trust [and Charm] people accord me occasionally - Which I Simply Cannot Take for Granted - So, Thank You ->Trinca.

PS
It's Either You Got or Yo Don't.  
You Got It ! - Trinca - I'm just capturing it.



Luigi

Courtside, during a PBA match - I stole this one of Luigi Altamirano.
This was during the KIA vs Alaska match, and Luigi was there to cheer on his good buddy ->LA Rivilla  [BTW, KIA won that match]


Coach Eric Altamirano and his kids
Anton, Abigail, and Luigi

Through the years [and more recently, the past half-year or so] - I've gotten more acquainted with the Altamiranos [on a personal and professional level].
I'm just glad to know the family.

"Everything" started way back 2-3 years ago, when "Coach E", started coaching the NU Bulldogs, and would occasionally bring along, then,
 his little Abigail.

I simply  - started taking candids of Abigail - and I still do, up to now, when ever I can - and Fortunately, my portraits, somehow have been appreciated and valued

Now, Just look how Abigail has grown !  What can I say ?  Of course, to this very day - I'd still take impromptu [as IS my nature]  on-the-spots of Any and All of the Altamiranos.  It Always feels a Lot Better when I have a connection with the people I photograph - and the chances for Better Images increase tenfold.
 


Carlo

If only to variate the moods in this blog feat {Why Not?} - I'm sharing this
pensive ? image of Carlo Liay, taken after the Ateneo Blue Eagles were elimenated by the  La salle Green Archers - thus ending Ateneo Football Team's Season 77 Campaign.



Johnny
 During Game #1 of the UAAP Mens' Baseball Championships




Laura
  During Game #1 of the UAAP Men's Volleyball Championships



Apple
 During the March 3 PBA Doubleheader 
 


Arwind
Right after the March 3 PBA Doubleheader -
Arwind had just been chosen as the Game MVP
{San Miguel vs Barako Bull} 



Marck Jesus
Before Game #2 of the UAAP Volleyball Men's Finals


Sol
Before the San Miguel-Barako Bull match



Ysabella, Trinca, and Jose Antonio 

Occasionally {as in, Not all the time} some people are Gracious and Cooperative enough that they go out of their way to let me photograph them {at a location of my choosing}. I shot these images at a stairwell adjacent to the SMART Araneta lobby, as the DLSU-NU Womens' Volleyball match was going on - and I had just started making the acquiantance Ysabelle and Jose Antonio [I forget his nickname!] [who I'd just met minutes prior], and Trinca, who I'd met in UAAP Seasons previous but had NEVER actually engaged in conversation with, until that "unexpected, unplanned circumstance".



Jose Antonio and Ysabella



Tricia, Laura, and Bea
All former UAAP Courtside Reporters
['xept for Laura, who still has one more UAAP Season]


That Charming Estaquio Girl !
Muy Simpatica !!
Mall of Asia Arena



I could feel it [and see it] - her natural vibe was just so engaging - I actually was trotting down the MoA aisle when --  at a glance, noticed her - I decided, on a whim - to take this vacant seat directly behind her [she was actually seated on the VIP row of seats] - followed my instincts and just snapped on-the-spots.

Her natural reaction was to simply face me and simply be herself !
Smiling comfortably and All !!  What Could I say ?!

It's NOT that often I'd come across a complete stranger who'd have that vibe - such that - 'twould be a SIN for me NOT to capture that someone's charm/aura - or whatever one might choose to call it - considering that I'd like to think my instincts are very sharp [more often than not] - I "know" a good subject/moment even if I'm at a distance  ......







Even after I finished my conversation with her dad,  I was already walking away - I couldn't resist turning my head and taking a few more candids of the "little lady"

I actually forgot her nickname, considering I even had a brief chat with her dad Terrence ..My bad !



Former Lady Tiger [and UAAP Champ]
Agngeli Tabaquero
 told me that she was rooting for NU. Since she admitted being conscious of my photographing her - I told her NOT to mind me and to simply Enjoy the Game {Blue Eagles vs the NU Bulldogs}


to be continued    ....


Bea Fabregas


March 7 - Meralco Gym



 March 8 - Meralco Gym

I can take Better Images than these - But the Point Being - I constantly "flex" my on-the-spot portraiture photography - challenging myself to handle varied available-light scenarios - "reading" the nuances  of light, using it to play with shadows and highlites to Create And Textures And Moods.

It's Just What I Do - Everywhere I Go  [that is, If I have a DSLR w/me]

I do appreciatte these two simple steals of Bae Fab, enough, to share them.

And, as occasionally happens, as I take these day-to-day "artistic exercises and challenges" - somewhere along the way - that Great, oh so Elusive-> ->Dare I Say ->"Iconic" Image will be crafted.

 Anyway - for now -
Tapusin ko na muna itong post na 'to - Baka nakaka "umay" na ang subject a matter - Sa Totoo Lang.

 Got Lots More on-the-spots to be shared - No Hurries .

 And there's that BACKLOG of particular game feats I still have to INSERT,
that is, when I get home Late Again - Tonight - after I cover an 8 pm Football Game at Rizal.

--------- 




Bea, Luigi, Homer, Abigail, CJ
 NBTC High School Championships
Meralco Gym

... But .... Then again, on a whim - Let me share a few more mem'ries from that first week of March

Pahabol Photos, Parting Shots, Whatever - Call' em what you like - Whatever - Just Gotta Grab  !!   those fleeting opps whenever they present themselves !
Fact IS like TA think that I'll NEVER run out of acquiantances to photograph wherever I go ---


 Christine, Nikkii, Coach Hans, Miel, Isabel, Lois
and Cha [front & middle- dark blouse]
At the UAAP Mens' Football Semis at Rizal


Mina, Dada, Jen
Out for a Starbucks break at the MoA
 


 --- Friendly Faces / "Go Getters" -> Athletes who I get to "work with" [photo journalize] - who inspire me, whilst witnessing their successes [and failures too, mind you] - and who, in some cases, themselves admire and complement my work {simply have to share that too} - It simply makes my photojournalism a FUN AND ENRICHING Thing to do 24/7 !! 

Though I can't say I'm actually close to Jinggoy Valmayor - he's graced my blog, time and again the past years, whilst bringing honor to his alma mater, UP, by leading the Fighting Maroons to two consecutive UAAP Championships during his first two years !!  Sadly, though Jinggoy had to finish his last three years NOT winning Gold [as if it were that easy winning gold - ha !].



Ian Clarino with Jinggoy Valmayor 
 March 1 - Rizal Staduim
Ian Clarino won a "Best Defender" award
Jinggoy won a "Best Striker" award on his final playing year, 
along with his Silver



Matt Nieto with Jayvee Gallego
March 8 - Meralco Gym
Last Season 76, I witnessed Matthew Nieto  [along with his twin brother, Mike] endure the heartbreak of being swept in the UAAP Finals by the NU Bullpups.  Recently, I was on the baseline of Arena during the Blue Eaglets' eventual dethronement of the NU Bullpups.  

Matt had the "luxury" of Graduating with UAAP Gold !
Way Ta Go ! Matt !!

...and to my new found aqcquaintance in Jayvee Gallego [fr Chiang-Kai-Shek] - also graduating from High School - and also having the rare priv of winning MMBL Gold ! in his last two years  .... Way Ta Go Bro!!  ....
.... Where, by the way,  will you go to for College ?

Anyway - I'm sure these two young achievers ---{they made it to the Top 20 from among a ton of High School Standouts [high school seniors] from All Over the archipelago}---  will grace my blog feats, in the months [and years] yet to come.

And speaking of young boys - Just let me say that. last March 8, too, when I crossed paths with another standout [college, tho] this time in the field of photojournalism [news and all] ---- I was simply "smitten" by the charms - this time tho, NOT girlish, mind you ! ] Hahaha ! --- of pretty La Sallian Alecs Ongcal.  

I actually had the fortune of doing on-the-spot sit-down portraits {on the San Juan Arena hardcourt} of this looker of a young lady - on the very same afternoon  [Dec.12, 2013 -2b exact] - I met her. {Classic Alecs - if I may say so} {Hey, posted those very pretty, yes, portraits on a blog post}

Since then - I'd bump into her, time and again during various college sporting events - Occasionally - managing some great on-the-spots [which I've proudly posted in sep blog feats - through the past 2 years] .

No surprise, she was at the FEU-DLSU Championship Match, where, in
 "true Alecs Ongcal fashion" - oozed with ... [this time]


Boyish Charm !

{PS - Alecs does longboard  - bagay sa porma - di da?}


Don't let that smile fool ya - This one's determined to BE A
HC [Hard Core] Photo Journalist !



brosi gonzales


PS
Actually, I have Lots More B-t-Scenes than these [from that first week of March  BUT BEST that

I  reserve them for another sep post [this time w COLOR IMGAES/VERSIONS of some of the already posted monochromes here, and the post prev] PLUS More unreleased "blogworthy moments".

I suppose It IS a matter of  ---
---Pacing what I release and keeping my blog "regular blog visitors" Guessing what I might come up with Next   ...... and .....
---Keeping things Fresh - and pleasantly surprising all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment