Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Backlog Nutshells - Part 1


I Know What I Did [in recent] 
Last Summer [days]


I must admit I've had a difficult time, lately Keeping this Blog In Pace with my activities. -[and to think, I wish I had more time, to cover games, which I have to miss, simply because of conflicts with other league/game scheds].

The matter of maintaining my quality control, over the action images I release, and more so, with my "extreme fondness" for "soulful", "way, way beyond generic" B-t-Scenes imagery, which actually does demand Xtra Effort, on my part - Getting my images "blogworthy"  Does Get Tedious !!! ---

 --- IF I intend to maintain a certain level/distinct style, even, or what have you with, particularly, my B-t-Scenes/Non-action  images.

Anyways - here Goes ... An effort to "make up"? -------

Consolidate, compress somewhat, several events I covered the past few summer days [starting from March 14 - right after the Lady Eagles completed their Back-to-Back UAAP Volleyball Championship .... up to March 22, Sunday, when I covered a UFL Football Match] 

------- At least - I gotta try.


Mind You - NOT THAT I WON'T Release anymore images from these said events - Sure, I WILL, one way or another -[Ya know - I can always "insert a delayed blog feat chronologically" - and if, it is that interesting - eventually -
 [It'll have hits in due time] -

Have to bridge my March 13 blog post {my last before this one} with this March 24 "several feat-in-one" blog post ---
 --- even as i look forward to today's Tuesday PBA Doubleheader 
[later at 4:15 at the Araneta]

There'll Always be More Images Comin' ...  No Worries  - I just have to Pace myself Better so's this blog will be, at least closer to promptness, as far as my sports photojournalism activities are concerned.


So, as the title suggests - This is what I Did the Last Recent Summer days .....  Sorta  ..... Sportswise ....



March 14, Saturday, Mall of Asia

'Twas the last day of that International Pyrotechnic Competition -
so I stayed for an hour or so [around the MoA premises], 
after the ADM-DLSU UAAP Championship Match
 to craft some pyro images.


 We All Know Who Won .....
Congrats again to the Ateneo Lady Eagles for their first
UAAP Back-to-Back Championship







 March 15, Sunday, Rizal Stadium

 Sports 5 Correspondents Jing Maclang and Ryan Felix

Stallions FC beat Army
[3-0]



March17, Tuesday, SMART Araneta

Purefoods beat Barako Bull
[103-96]



Alaska beat Meralco
[108-103] in Double Overtime



March 18, Wednesday, SMART Araneta


NLEX beat Kia
[102-86]



Talk N' Text Beat San Miguel
[113-93]




March 19, Thursday, Gatorade Hoops Center

Hangin' w Erika Liboro and Nonoy Baclao
[after my Tony de la Cruz Shoot]



March 20, Friday, SMART Araneta


Rain or Shine beat Blackwater
[102-98]



Purefoods beat Meralco
[96-85]

James and Ai
[pre-match chat]

Denzel and Ai
[post-match MVP interview]


March 21, Saturday, Ateneo Campus
The 3-2-1 Bonfire


Seriously, I never made an effort to shoot much, during that evening - I mostly ate [too much] and drank [too much, too, at that] - and eventually had to leave so much earlier than I had expected.

The most interesting part of my evening, to my surprise, was actually the unsolicited, unplanned minutes I spent hangin' with Jeri Pinggoy and Justine Lazaro [Denden Lazaro's younger sister] - [taking International Studies at Ateneo] -

After 30 or so minutes, for some reason, Jeri had to leave {wonder why ? -We were all enjoying each other's company }, and as circumstance would have it - less than 10 minutes into my chikkahan w Justine - I, too, had to excuse myself  - Damn  !!!!  So, many photo opps I had to forego !!          [My bad]  .....

Maybe in the Next Bonfire ..... Whatever  .....

{Two of my on-the-spots of Justine are featured in the next post} 

 The Finals MVP sez Bottom's Up !!

 Denden's mom [white blouse], Ella, Ella's dad [white tee],
 Ella's mon [bottom right], Alyssa's dad [w glasses]


Ryon with Justine - she prefers to be called "Jus", and Jeri
 

 Selfie Time



Mary for You
for Your White and Blue .....



March 22, Sunday, Rizal Stadium

Missed the 11 am -- 4 pm SPARTA Gym Launch {whole-day} Event, at Pioneer St. - cos - {I was still "recovering", the whole morning,  from some stupid thing I did the night before - Ha ! TbTold !!}, but manged to make it to the 5 pm {Archers United FC vs Socceroo FC}  and the 8 pm
 {Stallions FC vs Ceres FC}  UFL matches. 
 

La Salle-Ceres FC beat Stallion FC
[4-0]


 - My Last Image from the weekend -
From the Sports 5 Family - Indie, Nicholas, and Paolo



--------------

C U Sports Fans -
Wherever - Whenever !!





brosi gonzales

PS
Last Thursday, too, March19-> I shot portraits of Alaska ace Tony de la Cruz and Yesterday, Monday, March 23 - I  shot portraits of Calvin Abueva.  both shoots are for an upcoming glossy sports mag.  Obviously, for professional reasons - I cannot release any of those images in this blog [for now, at least].




brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment