Wednesday, July 29, 2015

For Love or Money ?

July 29 -Rizal Stadium Turf


Aptly Sub-Titled .....
[ Green Archers vs Stallions Tune-Up Match ]
[ Bakit Naman Napakaraming Pictures ni Chukie Uy ?]



Tonito - Kerby - Paeng





Earlier today [6 am onwards] I went to the Rizal pitch to visit the Green Archer football team figure in a tune-up  match.  {My nephew ---who I last saw, about 5 long months ago - when DLSU had to "swallow Silver", after a heartbreaking [1-0] loss to the FEU Tamarraws---  was THE ONE player I was most excited to see}.

Assuming that the Archers were slated to match skills versus another college team - I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn't any college team - but rather, the Stallions FC ->a UFL Team whose UFL matches I've been officially shooting - the past sev months.


Maiba Naman
On weekdays, the Stallions FC usually trains at the Turf at BGC
[This time it's Rizal, for a change]

Chuckie Uy
[is in the next 6 images below]











No Real Reason
Chuckie just seemed to be "omnipresent" - at one point during he match



One of my better action images [above] this morning shows Nikko Villasin {in white} clearing the ball. Like Hector, Nikko is currently playing for the Stallions FC, but come the UAAP - He'll prioritize his commitment to the Green Archers above all else



 Basa defends Zubiri [#26]

 Zubiri converts the first of two DLSU goals
[Borromeo scores the second]

 Green Archer Gelo Diamante


Stallions Head Coch Ernie Nierras / Archers Head Coach Hans Peter Smit







On the side  .....
I jokingly stated to Green Archer AND Stallion Hector Borromeo


 huddle photo - Hector Borromeo

----- who is still to finish his last playing year for the DLSU Green Archers / he is currently playing for the Stallions in th UFL Cup and League - FYI, the UAAP Football Season commences  early 2016 ---- {In the tune -up match, he suited up for the Archers} ----

that that early during the tune-up match I already did know the spin [context] I intended to put on my {this one!}  blog feat on the Archers/Stallions tune up match - 

-----Being aware of the FACT that I was there at the match for the Love for my Nephew - and the FACT that I get paid to shoot the Stallions FC's UFL football matches 
{and even tho, obviously this was Not an official match, by any strech the imagination} - 

And since both Nace's DLSU Team and Stallions FC Coach Ernie Nierras were playing against each other

THAT I was on the the Rizal pitch that morning  "for the Love and for the Money !" 
In a Manner of peaking - Right ?!  -
tho, as I stated - I was Not getting paid for any tune-up match images - no biggy

HEY - I just want my Titles to be "not boring".

------------------

 Yup, as stated I was at Rizal pitch earlier today - to reconnect with Raphael Inigo, a young Archer [on his 4th playing year] - who IS my Favorite Nephew - [Next 4 images below]



huddle photo - Nace Gonzales









Matira ang Matibay

Come end of October [when the Archers fly to the UNI-games in Bacolod] - Coach Hans Smit will have whittled down the Green Archers UAAP hopefulls - to a core group of 15-20 ....

Surely, some of these eager hopefuls will be disappointed and disenheartened. 

But {dare I say} - If one really does love something - a sport, an advocacy, an art form - or what have you - one will find a way to persevere - to keep one's dreams alive - and eventually achieve them

-------------



Doing something for the Love of it - and not caring wether one earns from it - that's OK

Doing something purely for the money - that's still OK.

Doing something for the Love of it AND Getting Paid for it - that's even Better.

Doing All of the Above - That's what I've been doing the past several years.

The "trick" is to get to do as much of the third scenario as possible.

-> For the Love and for the Money




brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment