Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Elusive Image



 "Deep Greens and Blues are the Colors I Choose ...
So won't let you me go down in your dreams ...
and 
Rock-a-Bye Sweet Baby James" 

fr "Sweet Baby James"
sung by James Taylor 
written by James Taylor



Like the phrase "Hidden In Plain Sight" which I oft use as a watermark, and the lyrics transcribed above - I occasionally borrow lines from songs, novels, comic books, or even commercials - if only to "set a tone" - more so - put an "artistic spin" when articulating simple sentiments, feelings, strong emotions which I find So Difficult to Keep Inside -  [thank God for blogs!]

My blogs were originally meant to simply share my sports imagery - yet - somewhere along the way - i eventually became comfortable sharing --- "other stuff"

{ if only, giving a hint of the intense emotions - i carry everyday - emotions which i try use to fuel my art }

-----As in - my personal {Very Universal} sentiments - from simple appreciation, gratitude, infatuation, kilig, of course love ->[platonic, romantic, family, barkada - what have you] - sometimes even anger and frustration - and also of course - Inspiration - [my favorite]-----

What are the ingredients in my blog ? -  Just Words {that come outta my head} and pictures {that come fr my numerous sports activities ---  [obviously !] }
And wether it's the words or the pictures that come first - I really doesn't matter -

Though, I constantly strive to come up with the right [perfect] pictures complemented with right [perfect] words - I know there will always be degree of constant imperfection in my word-picture combinations .....
 

One of many, many failed attempts before even 
coming close to what I visualize

Striving for the "almost perfect" image whilst trying to harmonize
 the Most Important Elements {in-frame}
 mainly .....
 ---> the Brown [in the eyes]
 ---> the Blue and the Green Hues {size AND color density} [in the Background]
 ---> the "just right" Facial Expression  ---- 
                            [ayoko ng malungkot o poker face] 
                            [di naman dapat masaya - dapat "sakto lang" }
                            { Hirap I-timing! }
 ---> the right head angle
---> enough of her hair but not to divert attention from the "face/background combination"
---> enough of her fingers to complement the facial expression but not to distract from the
          main elements

----- Definitely Not Easy dude ....

The picture on top ... 
- Patch of Green too big - I wanted More Blue - also - I wanted the Patch of Blue right next to the Right Eye - which I hoped, had enough Brown - BECAUSE the words that simply came outta my head  -----

{ when I was so tediously, so patiently trying to compose ALL the said elements -
 while I was shooting action shots - baseline !  ->During a PBA Championship Match, at that
 {4th Qtr pa!}  ! ha ha ha - whilst occasionally shooting B-t-Scenes !!!  }


----- were from a love song I'd heard so many times before - 
which had a refrain that went .....





" But Baby ...
Don't it make my Brown Eyes ..
 Don't it make my Brown Eyes ...
Don't it Make my Brown Eyes Blue - hu .....  "

[sung by Crystal Gale]
[written by Leigh Richards]
na google ko sa internet !


Call my {oft unplanned} word and picture combinations/blog posts
what you like
- sappy, senti, silly, trivial or whatev' adjective U can think of
It is Fine by Me


but just like i said


Deep Greens and Blues
are the 
Colors I Choose




brosi gonzales



No comments:

Post a Comment