Sunday, August 02, 2015

Random



- a few B-t-Scenes Snaps -





 Anton is Eleven while Miggy is Six

Fact is  - as I was browsing through my B-t-Scenes images fr the past few days - I was looking for a trend, a theme to work on - so's I could present - And Not just literally Paste - my images in a blog post.


 Iago Sebastian is One
... and Turning Two on November One

 Vanessa 
Just Turned Eighteen last Jan

I couldn't find the right words to say about the random mix of images I had - glaring at me from my laptop LCD -  They were, still, just single images - "tidbits of moments" - noticed, captured, and saved in my CF cards



Nevertheless - what I eventually FELT and got reminded again of - was how some of my subjects behaved during those fleeting moments I was trying to time my shutter clicks - to get the "right" image - or at least, what my subjects would comfortable enough to let me capture .....









We all have a "public" persona, or at least what most of us intentionally, or unintentionally project outwardly.  

How much of hearts do we wear on our sleeves, how vocal or straighforward we are about how we actually think or feel at a point in time is a conscious and/or unconscious decision we make every single moment

Having been deliberately crafting portraits of people in endless scenarios for so many years - I get constantly reminded that there is really no "perfect moment" to click the shutter

While the public persona/outward behavior of people is relatively easy to capture  -  as a REAL Portrait Photographer - one has to go way, way beyond what is visually literal and/or literary visual - ha !

Among other things - Flaws and Vulnerabilities are usually what people try "hide and/or protect" - and from others - and Hey, FYI, I 4 one - am such a person - who does that well.






And it is those F & Vs that - I easily tend to notice in people - not that that is the end-all and be-all of my imagery - but rather - I believe that it is Not So Much -> people's "flaws" & vulnerabilities --- as Much As ->HOW people DEAL with their "flaws" & vulnerabilities that truly makes me want to photograph them --- and ->HOW people are actually More So, So Interesting - even on an acquaintance level  --  and in some specific scenarios have become so, so [SO] endearing to me  ......  [of course - I'm refering to just a few of my close friends] because of they deal w their F & Vs

I don't expect you, the reader to actually relate to what I'm saying - suffice it - it's just enough for me to articulate my thoughts  {Think Out Loud} -  and hopefully - my images will - by some measure - evoke what I just intimated  [wish I had more shots]

That Plain and Simple   ......

 Mela
a lil more relaxed 




 Wensh
a wee-bit tense
[still - I love this one]
- and ALL my WTiu images 

With slightly disheveled, freshly shampooed hair - away from the limelight - probably itching to hop in the car and simply Leave - I  "struggled" to get my "unplugged" portrait of Wensh Tiu - when most everyone else had their Wensh Tiu pictures [hours before]



 -------

Having been deliberately crafting portraits of people in endless scenarios for so many years - I get constantly reminded that there is really no "perfect moment" to clock the shutter
- maybe - just gotta pick the better ones  .....


 Firing Squad Shot ??
[nah - Not if there IS body language]
  Tomasinas Mela and Denise
from [Truth be Told] last July25

 
 Parting Shot
My "Unplugged" - -> Totally "Pahabol Portrait"
 of Charo and Alexa from last night
Yes, they were the LAST Volleybelles to Leave the Sands by the Bay
and
Yes, I was the LAST Photographer to Leave Sands by the Bay



Hell - one of these days - I might just totally re-edit/re-vamp this blog post - ADD a few more Random B-t-Scenes imagery - replace the title and all - and hopefully have MORE Evocative Images that STAY

See ..... this post isn't done yet  ... for now ... at least


for now, tho ..... gotta Vamoose


bg

No comments:

Post a Comment