Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Words and Pictures - { The Power of .....}


from Real Life
 [ from Russell, Lennon and McCartney - and Gonzales - ha ha ]



.....   i love you in a place

where there's no space or time

i love you for my life

you are a friend of mine    .....

fr "A Song for You" 
words and music by Leon Russell 
{ i believe the Carpenters did a cover version of it }



 " My Friend"
Honorable Mention
Canon {open theme} Photo Contest --> Asia



.....  half of what i say is meaningless

but i say it

just to reach you

julia  .....

   fr "Julia"
 words and music by Lennon & McCartney
the Beatles






Could mention [OPM wise]  Parokya and "Harana",  Kamikaze and "Narda" - even Apo H-king Society's "Panalangin"  and then some -  but this here blog feat might be overkilled .....
 anyways .....

Musicians express through words and music - I Express through images - and if  "a thousand words aren't enough", or the words escape me, or I simply am at a loss for words - I can always quote/borrow fr my all-time favorite tracks

Know what - the images above are of the same person, taken on the same day - using available light [open shade] - She was seated, facing outward [by the front doorway] - the underexposed, totally dark background being the unlit, interior of her house - BTW, she wore a black blouse .....

So much for that bit of technical info .....

Quite obvious [in a subtle way] that the young lady did impact my life years ago - at least, by then - I had enough "photo smarts" - rather, real photographic skills - to somehow "make tangible" {through crafty use of available light} - the "intangible" - my innermost sentiments and feelings in the SIMPLEST of all scenarios

 --> A simple visit, simple conversation - the absence of any foundation or eye-liner, mascara or what have you - the use of available light - God's light [as I'd like to call it] - and just plain water on her hair for a "wet look" kind of thingy - {sure helped - her being so pretty, tho -TBTold}  ..... Nothing More - Nothing less

In Portraiture, being Extremely Close and Intimate to a person - DOES matter - {Not that i cannot craft great on-the-spots of people I hardly know, or even complete strangers [for that matter]} {Sure, I CAN !! } - 

STILL, as stated - As True as Always - and if one is "skilled enough" one can effortlessly illicit the best and  "most vulnerable, most evocative "looks" " from a loved one  - and have images to show for it.

On a Highest and Deepest Personal [and Artistic] levels - the gratification is priceless - and can be very rewarding [and even Life-Changing]  at times - ha ha ha

So, whats with the lyrics thingy ?
Just got a ton of favorite lines from various musicians that I can borrow - but the excerpts above from Leon Russell and the Beatles  - are easily on the top 10 of my long list

It's just fun { particularly if one has a personal blog} to  quote / "play" / mix and match - images and words  - like words and music if only to express sentiments and feelings YOU, ME ->WE 
 ----  ALL experience

As a portrait photographer - I'm constantly at Awe, constantly Inspired - by other peoples work - be it sculpture, poetry, landscape photography, graphic arts, music - {lyric wise - more so}

.....   and it is my wish, that my images {More Often then Not- sana} [more so, like two of my "classics" - above], by some measure -  will do the same to who so ever sees them.



bg



No comments:

Post a Comment