Wednesday, September 23, 2015

With Seconds to Spare



Leeia , Olympia, and Ianira
[Not my first Images of ...]


Leeia Guano

{even in haste ..... still paying attention to detail -> subtleties and all}


Last Season 77, I had quite a number of decent B-t-Scenes snaps of NU Bulldogs' Asst. Coach Guano's 6-something daughter [at the NU Bulldogs dugouts - no less !]. 

 Earlier this evening, during a break in the NU-Adamson match, as Leeia and Mom were at the MoA lobby - I politely borrowed, literally, a fleeting-minute of Leeia's time - just enough for me to craft a couple of on-the-spots of the erstwhile timid, shy child.  PRE!, { pasted-na-pasted ang ngiti ng bata } { a bit stiff... } - OK lang - twas managable tho - that occasionally happens anyway.... 

At least, I definitely did not regret giving it a Try .... even if I did not get the images i had envisioned.  I am actually Happy with the few images that I eventually came up with {FYI, I snapped a total of images}




Olympia "PIA" Ducanes

{such a finely nuanced/textured "high key" image}


I was actually looking for UAAP NU Courtside Reporter Ira Pablo, yes, to request for a few random on-the-spots [along the MoA dugout corridors] when I unexpectedly bumped into Pong Ducanes [a Chief Statistician for the UAAP] who was just heading out the door [w daughter in tow].

When, w/o batting an eyelash, I called out to Pong - He knew instantly what I had in mind {I had already taken close-up snapshots of his eldest -> Olympia, years back, when she was still months old !!! } as I uttered my first words.

Fortunately, Pia was gracious enough to cooperate - follow my lead [so as to get my lighting angles in control] [ for some reason, she had this "make-up thing" on the corners of her eyes - which did help make the portrait better] ]. 

So easy to work with, Olympia simply relaxed [napaka-simpatika nong bata!] - and all i had to do was to have her pose at a specific portion of the corridor, ask her about her make-up, ask her to twich her shoulders a wee bit ---

 and Viola !  Look what I Got !  -  An Unplanned, Usolicited---> finely nuanced/textured "high-key"/ "white-on-white" portrait ---> B-t-Scenes image in the Moa dugouts - after a UAAP match ...... .. Now, Who Wouldda Thought ??? - Certainly Not Me !  {FYI, I snapped a total of 12 images}



Ianira "IRA" Pablo

{ slightly more dramatic --
 still, equally finely crafted as Leeia's and Olympia's [above] }

And, Yes - like Leeia and Olympia [above] - I HAD actually taken a decent number of shots {stolen, at that} years back, of Ira ! - {during FEU matches}  that is.   {Ira's dad was formerly part of the FUE Tamarraws UAAP Basketball Team - Coaching Staff} 

They were group shots of Ira, along with her barkada {for some reason I never released any of those stolen images in my blogs } - let's leave it at that - OK ?

Fast-Forward to earlier this evening   ....
hmmmm ... Yes -
 after my quickie-minute  corridor snaps of Olympia   - I promptly caught up with Ira [also about to exit the MoA]  - and LIKE Leeia and Olympia [before her] -  asked for some random on-the-spots  - and Again, like Leeia and Olympia [before her]   Ira was gracious enough to give me a window of time  [I asked her barkada to come along/watch too] as i chose a particular spot [AWAY from the MoA dugouts]  for her to squat and/or pose whatever, as I shoot .

 Had to make it quick {my choice !} {kung pahabaol ang da-ting - OK lang sa akin } [risking error]  - prompt simple angles - a few of her squatting on the {more dramatically lit}  corridors {outside the media room}, a few standing - { a few blurred shots resulted too - ha}  arms akimbo - eyes here, eyes there  - wrapped up in two minutes or so  ?!  ..... Yes ! {FYI, I snapped a total of 20 images}

Told her - I simply wanted to actually "work with her" NA, albeit, if ONLY for a fleeting minute or so -  to "break the ice",  so to speak .... and hopefully next time around [said to myself]  - "I won't be a stranger"   Ergo, would I expect my images of her to evolve artistically - each and every opp as they come along  ..
of course - yes.




Iranira 


{only the tip of the iceberg - ira .. tip of the iceberg }



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment