Saturday, May 11, 2013

  Blog Dashboard / Banner Images
[Randomly Picked]

I simply feel like sharing some of the "limitless favorites" I have in my hard drives and mobile phone.   

Do these favorite dashboard images reflect my life ? - Definitely a big part of it!.  Are these pictures the kinds of "truths" I want people to remember me for ? Yes.  [To think I actually withhold a lot of personal portrait shoots and never share them in my blog]

Yup, my portraiture is more "me" than my sports imagery and they're just too priceless for me to share in this blog - truth be told - but hey, that's just the way it is.  My portrait shoots will definitely give a lot of soul and color in this blog in so many more ways than one --

I do at least five portrait sessions a month, on the average - - My best photography always comes out in my portraiture [sports comes in second] - They're just so soulful - almost always - my subjects know that - they love it  [modesty aside] -  but they're simply TOO personal -
that's how portraiture has always been for me.

--- but things will  just end up too sappy probably - simply because of the way I articulate in words - the stories "behind" my portraits - And  I wouldn't feel comfortable at all sharing such "truths" in the net. I'm the type of person who write poems about my favorite subjects [my mom included]. I DON'T share them at all - I just keep this pile of poems in a drawer somewhere [Quirky, weird ? - I couldn't care less] See what  mean ?

Whatever images one sees in my blog is only a fraction of what I actually craft- on a weekly basis.  It's simply not practical for me, too, to share everything in this blog.  I don't have the time for that. Sure enough, the images you see in my blog give a decent representation of my photographic skills and just a hint of my personal sentiments - that's all It's all good.

























Anytime I please, I can pick an image from my "dashboard folder" and use it as my blog header. Some are actually analogue images taken w a film SLR while most are digital images taken w my current DSLRs.  The subjects and genres vary - Sports, Nature, Portraiture, Human Interest, Child photography, Black & White Film photography - Whatever.










Notice how my header images vary from week to week - depends on my mood, or maybe on what's happening in my life lately - Ganoon lang ka simple yon - or maybe  I'm just putting a dashboard image on a whim. 









I like to think that ALL of the images here 
have a high level of Technical Competence, Artistic Competence 
AND Emotional Content








Suffice it to say  - that each and every image from my "dashboard files"  - hopefully, tells a story -.it might represent  ->a period in my life  ->a reference to a particular person ->a reference to a memorable experience maybe, happy - even hurtful ->some images say a distinct, almost literal message, while others merely suggest a mood or emotion and might be very open to interpretation ->some are "seemingly mundane" moments but they actually aren't .  Hopefully - the images go beyond visual - because that's what real photography is all about


I like to think that there's always a better image waiting to be preserved, a more compelling emotion wanting to be captured - and that my best photography is yet to be realized.

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment