Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Fleeting Moments



Terrence & Marian




Terrence

I captured this this fleeting moment when Terrence Romeo was being ambushed interviewed by a young reporter as he left the FEU dugout after the NU victory over the Tamaraws.  My window of opp was about 3-5 seconds, after which Terrence turned and left


Marian


Last July 28, Saturday as I was having a conversation with Marian Arcinas, a cheerleader from the Ateneo inside the service entrance of the MOA Arena - I noticed her shadow being cast by a shaft of light from the West.  [The service entrance obviously faces the West].  I immediately requested Marian to stand her ground while I quickly took a couple of images [lest the light fade or disappear quickly].  One can notice the shadow of one of the columns on the left and the fire hydrant cabinet on the right of the wall, which faces West.




I tried to variate her profile, but really couldn't have her move an inch cause the area being hit by the light was extremely narrow.  I wanted her to create some silhouette with her hands [maybe like the silhouette of an eagle] but it was just too tight, so a simple "V" sign was all she could manage.  Interestingly though, a sudden play of light created a few "ghost shadows" which are captured in the photo above.  After this shot w/  a "V" sign, the light changed and I had to leave the area to attend to my business of photographing the Ateneo Cheerleaders inside the Team Bus [this was for a multinational client].

Those few fast minutes were well worth it, trying capture transient shadows, if only to produce one decent "shadow image" of Marian.  BTW, Ateneo had a Victory later that afternoon, over arch-rival La Salle.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment