Friday, December 28, 2012

Afternoon Sky



Someday .   .   .


 South Bay Gardens, Sucat 


Rushing to my car, on the onset of a light drizzle, chanced upon this rainbow.  I quickly grappled with my SLR [not minding the droplets] and tried to take as many images as possible [managed exactly 20], knowing that rainbows fade as quickly as they form.


 Here's my first frame


In less than a minute, the spectrum simply faded but I knew right there and then, that I had already shot an appropriate image for, possibly, a 2012 year-ender post ?  [That's the fun in blogging - sometimes the content/material for a blogworthy post simply presents itself - this is a clear case in point]

---

Thoughts on Good Times and Bad - the Year Past
[Two Horns on the Same Animal ]

Sure, [Why Not!!!] It's always great to reminisce one's Good Times, the times when everything seems to go right, when "luck" is always on one's side, when things are sometimes so seamlessly "perfect" and everything is "fine and dandy" and nothing ever seems to go wrong.. 

 But, I feel, it is the Bad Times that are the priceless,  more character defining / character forming  periods/opportunities where one can be truly challenged to truly grow and "become a better person".  Noboby & nobody wants to go through tough times [or hot water, in a manner of speaking] but it's just the nature of things  --> change, "growing pains" [caterpillars metamorphosising into butterflies], "adjustments" in careers, relationships, whatever - one can never escape that - And it is only through challenges and tests where one can truly dig deep and discover one's true self, find one's true strengths and be truly enriched.

---

Had been wanting to compose a blog entry to express my thanks to all my REAL friends ->those who where "there" during my bad days as well a during my good days ->the select few who really went out of their way for  me despite their busy scheds [specially when I needed a friend] - 
I simply can never say enough -

To those few guys and gals who E-mailed me ON my birthday.
Also to those who simply greeted me, albeit, even on the wrong date! Ha!
You guys actually greeted me - that's the important thing

Thanx a mill - You are the Rainbows that never fade.

---

And as Kermit the Frog once sang .   .   .

Someday I'll find it .   .   .

.   .   .  The Rainbow Connection  .  .  .

.   .   .   The Lover,  The Dreamer In Me  .  .  .


 
brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment