Monday, December 17, 2012

For Cathy



[A Few] Portraits In A Party
December 17, Sunday
One Roxas Triangle


After spending a whole day shooting UAAP Football at the Ateneo Campus - I rushed, by cab, to the Multi-Purpose Hall of One Roxas Triangle at around 5 pm. to attend the Bday dinner of  my sports colleague ->Cathy N. Rivilla.

[Her Bday's actually on the 20th]


 Franky Rivilla & Keri Younghusband

Youngest daughter Reese Rivilla w a first cousin

Can't say that I'm that close to Cathy [I actually met her way back 2008 at the Cuenca Field during a Younghusband Football Clinic] BUT, Truth be Told every single time I had bumped into her, since then, wether in Manila, Bacolod or Singapore / wether in a sports event or what not - I had somehow felt at ease with the lady - seeing her occasionally w/ husband Dicky, her daughters Franky, KitKat, and Reese in "never ending" functions/sports events the past months only brought more pleasant memories to me.  'Twould have been a sin for me to miss the private dinner.


Cathy Rivilla [middle], flanked by Jojo Durian [right] [business associate] 
and a family member [who I never got introduced to]

When I seated myself, I did feel just a few seconds of uneasiness so [I came alone] [I had yet to meet the rest of "Cathy's loved ones"] so I simply chatted w/ daughter Franky [who graciously entertained me] and the rest of the evening was just fine - Instinctively, I started taking on-the-spot photos of Franky, Reese, James, Phil, Keri [the younger sister of Phil and James], Jojo Durian and eventally - some of Franky's first cousins.

I wasn't invited there to take pictures officially, but, knowing me, I just couldn't help it.  Of course, I would only take shots of the people I knew
[That's just me] -and then some- - but 'Twas all good.  [Another family member was taking photos anyway].




 Reese [right] with cousin Bea and a baby

Franky [left] actually couldn't stay long [she had to rush to the UST Football Team Party] so I made sure I had shots of her - w/ her sisters KitKat [in black]and Reese [in printed blouse] - B4 she left [ I couldn't get hold of Cathy then cos she was so busy w her guests]












Napakasweet talaga nitong magkapatid na si Phil and Keri - Grabe ! 
[carbon copy pa sila]


 Keri and Reese

Kitkat / Reese / Bea / Maia / Keri / Nikki 


Light moments w business associates and a few athletes
[above & below]

 [latter part of the party]


Keri / James / Cathy [behind]



Portraiture has always been, and will always be my best way of expressing/reflecting my most personal sentiments.

[Of course, even if you're a total stranger I'd still craft a great portrait of you anytime - as good as those of my real friends and loved ones]

FACT is, I've got a ton of really great, soulful portraits of my real close friends - those who I cherish the most - that will never be posted in this blog. It is only for them [they know who they are] to see and have.

[That's just me]
This blog is personal, but not that too personal.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment