Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday



21 - 12 - 12
End of Daze ?
No


As far as sports images are concerned - I pretty much know when I'll eventually post which images in particular and how soon. When it comes to portraits [however]- I never really know even what images I'll  post [wether from a recent shoot only hours before, or from "random [even whimsical] picks" off my hard drives, until - a "certain mood" comes - then the "right" images simply feel ripe for posting.

Earlier today, tripping on the idea [whilst browsing through my computer JPEG files] of what I might want to do if I knew I had 24 hours left to live - I knew  I had to post a favorite portrait - at the least - a REAL Classic Timeless Image [if I may say so] - simply because Available Light Portraiture is one thing I 'd still like to do a lot of - that is, If I did have actually only 24 hours left to live.  And below, is the image that somehow stood out above the rest
[not that this image was the best]   It simply felt "right", choosing it.

 
So - It is what it is - this Black & White Classic -
 randomly picked from a select bundle of "Close Friend Portraits".


[using window light]
[Yes, Beyond what I see - Always capturing what I feel]


There will never be an end to this daze [dare i say romance?] - I feel I sometimes am in, when I get to experience the soul - of my images  -.even when simply browsing through files and more so when actually shooting portraits.

Seeing my work [old or recent, analogue or digital], I am constantly reminded of my close friends [past & present] [here, there, an hour away, a day away, or several thousand miles across a vast ocean]  -> their trust - [accorded to me in the shoots] - those ever so fleeting giggles, smiles, or glances - those fickle rays of sunlight  caressing their cheeks, eyes, hair [whatever] - 
My friends just being themselves. What more could I have I asked for ?


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment