Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Square One





Several Days a Week .....
[at SPARTA]



..... Indefinitely.  

Maybe, I will prob get to know some of these dudes, and dudettes - to a greater or lesser degree.


Mau - Jules - Lucy - Edmar - Ton

How I ended up being welcomed to a "new family" {a new challenge, and a totally daunting lifestyle change, at that !} is just another unexpected twist in my life ---- Suffice it to say, I have Ton Vergel de Dios, Amanda Fernandez, Mau Gonzaga, Edmar Belbes, and Rain Barnuevo - to thank - so far.





The fun thing, being in SPARTA, sev afternoons a week, i had been occasionally bumping into people, who i had gotten to be acquianted with, from the prev several years that I had been, in mainstream sports media. 

 Simply "refreshing" to say the least - If I may say so.

Having said that, I'll cut short the personal angle on this SPARTA thingy. 

Here are casual snapshots of some members of my new "SPARTA family", if I may call it that.



Nil and Lani


PS
I had actually photographed Nil and Lani, as far back as 4 years ago, when they were still newbies at UP Pep [which I had been openly supporting {via my B-t-Scenes imagery, since 2011 upwards}].

When they entered the gym, yesterday, early evening, they recognized me in an instant - and tho [understandably] I did not know their names ---

[ {hey, I'd do B-t-Scenes shots of {30-40, even 50  members at a time} UP Pep randomly} - -  course, 'twas mostly the senior members who I would talk with, coordinate with - when doing my shoots ]

--- just knowing that they were part of that UP Pep family that I would go out of my way to photograph, quite often, then, for sev years ! ---> It simply made for an instant comfortable connection with the pair - ergo - collaborating on this {post workout} on-the-spot [above] simply came naturally for us.    

 Just cool.

To think that i bring a DSLR every time i work out at SPARTA ---> I can "gleefully speculate" on how many casual, unscripted, on-a-whim, spur-of-the-moment on-the-spots I'll end up crafting in the next few months  ...

Basta ako, kapag may DSLR - Enjoy lang {relatively easy}- {ang mahirap at madugo - yoong workout}

The thing is - my SPARTA images will get better and better - also knowing all too well, that I'll never run out of {angles to work on} and people to photograph !



 course ..... there's Ton


Thanks so much - for a Whole Lot, Bro





brosi gonzales


Tags
spartatrainingfacility spartamanila tonvergeldedios amandafernandez maugonzaga edmarbelbes rainbarnuevo workout calisthenics gymrat musclemen fitnessfreak availablelightportraiture lowlightphotography spartacalisthenics haringbaras










 

No comments:

Post a Comment