Thursday, August 25, 2016

Eyes





Competing Against Myself ?


Whatever ...... Recently, I sent a single entry to a monthly photo comp,
 the theme being {for the month of August},  "Eyes".


 Nicole McMahon


Being too preoccupied as of late [always naman, ha] - i scoured my folders, last week, hoping to find images that might "fit the bill", so to speak.  Fortunately, I found three close-ups [of kids], which I felt "might stand a chance to stand-out" and, hopefully win, even.

Two of my chosen three have actually come out in both my flickr and my blog.   The third one, the portrait which i eventually sent {only one entry per person}, is a prev unreleased image. 


_______   Garcia
 
{ Jesus ! - I forget the kid's name ! - He isthe first born, of a former neighbor, and buddy of mine at South Bay Gardens, Sucat }

The child was only months-old, when I crafted this close-up.



 Danielle Medina
{ my official entry }


Last December, 23 - I did a portrait shoot in the residence of two friends of mine, from Q.C. [a very happily married couple, actually].  

My friends' three daughters gave me a few hours of their time and by the time I left the residence, I was quite pleased, knowing that I had been able to get some really SOULful available light portraits [solo and group] of the three girls.

About five of my solo close ups, had the youngest girl, looking straight into my lens.  One particular straightforward portrait {above}, somehow,  caught my attention {again} - and after careful thought - I sent it as my official entry for the August competition.

This will pitted against number of competitors, from all over. 
 How it fares, that's beyond my control.  

What's important is that I continue to continually "Better my Best" while being "Be aware of the Rest" - In a Manner of Speak.

  Gotta Step Up 24/7.




brosi gonzales 

No comments:

Post a Comment