Sunday, October 09, 2016

First Dibs - Deskarte

before the DLSU - AdU match






Bea Escudero



For whatever reason, i never even bothered to take a single solo shot of DLSU's new UAAP Courtside reporter - > Bea Escudero, since the UAAP games commenced early September. 

 {I did have shots of her [in a group], from the UAAP pre-season Press Lunch, tho, that was it}

Every single one of the Season 79 UAAP CSRs -> Ganiel, Stef, Pauline, Jacqueline, Denise, Ira, Nina - has had [at least] a couple of great {blogworthy, by my standards] -> {AL}Available light,{OTS}
On-the-Spot shots [posed or stolen] from the past several weeks [wether they be solo or group] I've spent covering UAAP hoops.

Yes, it Is So Not me - Not having a single image of Bea - considering having crafted [and posted some] all those great AL/OTS portraits of the Pumarens {Franz kids & Dindo's kids  .. or was it Derek's - ha ha} {the dad [of Franz, Dindo, and Derek] - has one several too} - then there are the Medina girls, the Guanio girls, the Rivero boys, the Ravena kids .... and a random mix of UAAP fans ....

What - EV ....

Earlier today - just as Bea was prepping courtside [minutes before the Green Archers vs Falcons 2nd Round match] - i just, on a whim - probably ? - "made my presence felt" - w DSLR, and MEDIA ID upfront.

No need for words, mind you - cos, as if by instinct, or habit, the young lady graciously turned and smiled at my direction.

I'm sure ! she musta done it so, so many times over w/ countless photogs, media and non-media alike ! - OK lang - It is, I assume, part of being a CSR - being poised and all when on-court - No Biggy.

Do notice my first click [below], literally - how Bea simply turned and smiled - {be like firing squad !!} BO - ring ! 
OK lang - So Normal .....{Not Bea's fault}



 Doing my exposure check, lighting check, background check
mood check ?  subject up to it ?  Pulso ?  Feels ?

Rapport with the subject {Muy Importante !} 
- albeit Fast !
yup -> just seconds before i shoot !



On my part - I was just getting my bearings [angles, lighting, exposure settings and all] - and, as stated earlier - making my presence and intentions felt - AND somehow getting the Feel and Pulse of it all - ALBEIT, even just for a second or two - Hey, that's just my style/deskarte {everyone has his or her own, right?}

Immed after i shot the first frame, glanced at it - and, already having caught Bea's attention - I promptly AND politely said a few words to her  .... she gracefully obliged so ...

I proceeded to shoot 5-10 frames, with fast, arbitrary pauses in between frames  -  and, after those short 5-10 seconds
 - I was done.

Here are a few from those fast fleeting moments.















Thank You Bea

brosi gonzales 


Tags
abscbnsports uaapcourtsidereporterdlsu uaapseason79 beaescudero dlsugreenarchers availablelightportrait onthespotportrait stolenportrait candidportrait humaninterestphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment