Sunday, October 09, 2016

The Guanio Girls - [revised]







Then and Now
Eleven[teen] {almost!} Months Apart



November 8, 2015



Cana - Straight locks
Sofee - Frizzy locks [brown]]
Leeia - Frizzy [kiddie] locks [black]

It's Da Hair ! .....
or Iz It




October 9, 2016 


 hmmm, just so happens Leeia looks uncomfy in the Nov.9 portrait
- can't find a really good one from my Nov.8,2016 files  ....


Hey, you know the saying, the more people change, the more they stay the same - the hell ! hudahel cares bout dat ?

Actually - Me, I do.  At least I do notice.

There were certain physical AND non-physical "qualities" in each and every one of these girls, which I noticed - when first I met them, together last 2015, tho lil' 5-yr-old, then, Leaia had already graced my blog way back 2014 pa.

They [the qualities] were still there, when i photographed them earlier today - "enhanced somewhat" [please, i won't try to explain]

I just felt so much more comfortable with them, this year -
that's One Thing For Sure.


Love
- the not-branded sneakers on bare feet - Sofee and Cana
- skin tights - Sofee and Cana
- braces - Sofee
- the kicks of lil [now 7-yr-old] Leeia 
- cascading hair - Cana, Sofee, Leeia
- Leeia's silence

- the way Leeia never! says a word during our shoots - i just find it so cute {can't explain]  ... she just quietly and graciously follows my art direction and all, and has this "can't figure out what you're thinking" look ..... not spunky, or anything like that but so ..... "Leeia" - ha ha ha - basta - iba lang ang
 "pagka-subtle"

I'd like to think, tho, that that's how she totally appreciates 
my portraits being nice - by being quiet - ?

The total trust that mom Mailen, and the girls themselves accord me - Never ! do i take that "kinda stuff" for granted, 
mind you ! It is priceless.

And in so many words .....these siblings simply have become favorites of mine.

It Happens.

Such, always makes for good portraits, or at least, 
that's how it works for me.



 


PS 1
BUT - Honestly, in Hindsight

I've noticed errors / flaws in my composition/art direction  .....


Here, Cara's left leg attracts too much attention,
 in an awkward manner, sticking out like a sore thumb, so to speak.
Notice Leeia's poise, that slight slouch - 
that i could have called attention too.



Leeia looked more poised here, after I requested her 
to "arc" her back/spine just a smidge, 
and to lean "pa simle lang", towards the middle.




brosi gonzales 


PS 2
Cana, Sofee, Leeia 
We'll do the "coffee shop thing" next time - OK? 
Thanx Again

No comments:

Post a Comment