Monday, January 14, 2013

Dayrit, Cadayona, Drilon, Matalam, Soriano



Stealing Portraits -
Again ??
 
Why Not ?? I've been honing it every now and then.  I do it well.  More importantly I try to do it with a certain passion, feel, style, or touch ---->even soul  - if I may dare to say -  for lack of a better word - or is there really a better one ?? 


 Charo Soriano

 But, do I really need words for these images?  
Might they just "get in the way" ?


Fact is, the 5th image "Krissie" was taken almost Five Years Ago ! to the day , also beside the Ateneo Football Field.  It is a stolen portrait [a one click affair] of the Ateneo Lady Booters' keeper [Feb.,2009] then -> Krissie, as she was just hangin' around with her team mates after a UAAP match - and as I noticed the sunset filtering through her jet black locks - I knew I had a great image of a sun kissed silhoutte of Krissie - waiting to be preserved digitally.

All I had was a fraction of a sec to click - Luckily, I got the image in one try - then Krissie turned away [photo opp gone 4ever]


Cecilia Dayrit
Love the texture of this image
I could almost smell the aroma of her shampoo



Ma-an Cadayona
Child-Like Scowl


Camille Dayrit
Refreshing



Krissie Drilon
Sun-Kissed



JJ Matalam
I don't have a real favorite in the Lady Eagles Football Team.  [Actually, I'm lying - my real favorite is _________  Whatever - no matter !!]   Anyways, A very good friend of mine [media colleague] claims that JJ Matalam is his hot, hot favorite. When I was crafting these candid images - I then, Finally !!, saw WHY my bud finds JJ so Hot that --- she is so Cool !!





Cecilia Dayrit
 Exotic, very Exotic !

It does matter a lot to me that I know [though, not close] some guys from the Dayrit clan - Cecilia's and Camille's parents, the twins' sisters, and their uncles Toby [a best friend of my brother] and Raffy.   I actually saw the twins [in the wake of their Lola]  a month or so before the UAAP kicked off, and  remember fondly, the optimism for the upcoming UAAP I wanted to share w the twins [I had seen them through two mediocre seasons previous - last year, the team scored a ONLY single goal for the whole season - never won a match, only had draws and losses]   - Tough, tough, tough Indeed -

And now that they're on a roll [a total of 5 goals so far] and in the top two in the standings - It is just so Refreshing and Rewarding photographing them AND the Team in a "new light" and with MORE optimism ---

 I enjoy photographing the twins -  It's like second nature to me, comfortable, and almost effortless at times.


 Charo Soriano


Not Stolen

Ma-an, Simone, Camille
On an otherwise dull, overcast afternoon - a relaxed demeanor, an eye for composition, and complete trust from these young athletes - does make for a blogworthy photo.

PS - There's a ton more of these types of images where all these came from
But I guess - these are enuff 4 this blog


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment