Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Decent Tuesday

Naghahanap Ng Kilala


Id like to think that Tuesday, March 18, was a decent day for me [though, in hindsight, I'm sure I could have "lived it " a lot better].  Here are just a few "memories " of my Tuesday ... 


Men in Black [and Gray]

Started the day off by attending the 10:30 ONE FC Press Brief at the Atrium of  the Mall of Asia. Me, I Loved the lighting in the venue - {a lot of guys hated it !- cos of the temperature} and the space to move around, accorded.   Wish that all the ONE FC Pres Cons would be there, next time.  {Again, a lot of guys would prefer another venue}  Whatever,  ...

Bumped into several of my media colleagues, as usual {failed to personally thank Charmaine Cruz of Provocateur, though} at the Press Con - Rick O, Czar D, Jerome E, Bob G  were all there - of course me main man ->Anthony Suntay -{We always bump into each other in various events - fr Singapore to Manila - RIFA Football, World 10-Ball, UFL Football  etc., etc.} was there doing his emcee thingy.  {BTW, the food was great !!}



Actually. I'm not that close to Anthony - We're just good media buddies - and, though, I'm not into the "habit" of taking stolen images if men {course, I prefer girls} Anthony's one dude who I've managed to take candid shots of - working emceeng various events, in the past year or so.


Anthony Suntay and Ryan Fenix, (Sports TV 5) anchored this Tuesdays UFL Matches (5:00 pm and 7:30 pm}, at the Emperador stadium.


Later hat afternoon, at the PBA Head Office, in Libis, there was a Gatorade {studio set-up} shoot, which I visited, along w/ my Boss and Good Buddy, Rick Olivares - here, in the midst of light conversation with Terrence Romeo and Andy Barroca, between takes.

As far as that visit to the PBA offices are concerned, had my first private conversation with former Blue Eagle [he is now with the Alaska team] .....


{while gorging! the sumptous food provide by the caterers ! man, was that a treat ! - w/ pasta, rthose delish sandwiches etc. the mangoes and the grapes !! - I swear,  I couldda taken some home ! }

.....  which I remember the most. Solo, one-on-one, We talked about his HS background, his final year w the Blue Eagles [now, U Die-hard ADMU fan should know what happened then !], how he couldn't sleep, for over a month, after the UST Win  -etc.  He said a few nice things and plans he had in mind - as regards to Bianca Gonzalez, his lady love   ... We shared comparisons between the UAAP & PBA etc -  etc  .   ....

Private Conversations with my once-college basketball idol, An unexpected one, at that - Nice ! - I never saw that coming !!.  

Mind you, I did think of taking an On-the-Spot portrait of JC during our private conversation  ... but -- Nah... baka ma conscious si JC  - next time kaya  ??  Bahala na ..

 --------



When both Mood and Lighting are right, I always find time,  even for just a few seconds to shot On-the-Spot portraits of friends and/or acquiantances I randomly bump into, during a sports event.  Above is charming Cy Samson, a Sports Science major from UST. She's been the PT of The Stallions FC for quite some time now. {I've actually featured her portraits, along w her barkada, way back June of 2013, and ALSO featured her hands {not her portraits!} in a seperate post - and yes, I had something sensible to say about them,  too !}



 Nathan Octavio [Pachanga - white] and Lee [Loyola Meralco Sparks] go at it

Freddie Gonzalez accelerates as the Pachanga's keeper eats his dust.
 Meralco beat Pachanga [4-1] to stay atop the standings.



 Football Femmes
[1 in a series of 15 shots]

Cathy Rivilla, 2nd fr left, has been managing the Younghusbands ever since Day One.  She handles TYFA [The Younghusband Football Academy], among numerous responsibilities she carries. She's quite busy, travels a lot, but manages to be Mom to three Wonderful  Daughters - Who - I always have the pleasure of taking On-the-Spots of, anytime 24-7.  All three play football. 

{Franky just finished several playing years with the UST Tigers} {Incidentally, Reese [extreme left]  and Franky [2nd fr right] [Major in Industrial design - UST] will both be graduating in the next few days Kitkat is the one on the extreme right.}

The Rivillas are like Family to me.


brosi gonzales

PS

I'll release a sep post - with Action Shot s- on the Tuesday  Stallions/Pasargad and the Sparks/Pachanga UFL Matches & more images from that ONE FC Press Con at MoA
[ I actually captured 2 of tha Stallions' Goals and all the 4 Goals of the Sparks ]

Course, Also more random posts on Game 4 of the Ateneo Volleyball Championship Win
are comin up  

Stay "Tuned In" to this blog OK ?? Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment