Monday, March 10, 2014

On the Sidelines

Fathers - Sons - Daughters




Except for the "Zach and Beau" 2some {taken last Feb.21, after a PBA match} - All the [On-the-Sidelines] images that follow below, were taken yesterday, Sunday [March 9] and Saturday [March 8], at the Ynares Gym, in Pasig and at the SMART Araneta, during the NBTC Sea Oil Championships and UAAP Womens' Volleyball Finals - respectively.

There is NOT a single stranger in this post {'cept for Zach, & Aemmon, of course}.  I'm acquainted with all these Fathers, Sons, and Daughters {next time na lang yong Mothers - mga pre -OK?}.
 
Through countless UAAP matches I've been covering since 2009 - I've met, and ever so gradually, have been acquianted with {some to a lesser, some to a greater degree} the following guys - or, as the title says - Fathers, Sons, and Daughters:

-->Coach Eric Altamirano -----
has been coaching NU the past sev years. He is involved with numerous leagues, such as the NBTC and MMBL. His sons are Anton and Luigi are both students at St. Benilde.

-->Coach Alex Compton  -----
is part of the Alaska Coaching Staff, and partners with Eric in several basketball leagues. {Luckily for me, he had his wife bring their first born, Aemmon, [Irish name, meaning "Protector"] to the Sunday event event - if not for his portrait w Aemmon, I wouldn't have fashioned this post. }
{Truly a welcome "add" to my portait archives!]

--->Beau Belga -----  
I introduced myself to Beau, last Feb. 26, as i was giving him an [8 X 10] print of his backlighted "Zach and Beau" portrait

 -->Martin San Diego, Kevin Prudon, Kieron Punay, Andrew Pomerada, Ken Koo  -----
ALL do their bits as college photogs and writers. Known most of them, for about 2-3 years already.

--->Bianca Cuatico ----- 
is a DJ for DLSU Radio / "Big Green Giant".  She has a most unique {a rare wide-angle, Solo-On-the-Spot} {Artsy, and cute} {from a Sept./2013 UAAP match} portrait that's a favorite of mine.

-->Alyssa Valdez, Dennise Michelle Lazarao, Abigail Marano, Mika Aereen Reyes, Maria Mikaela Esperanza, Cienne Mary Marielle Cruz -----
I've hundreds of photos of [accumulated through a period of about 3-4 years, of these volleybelles.

Sure, their action photos are fine, but it's My Close-Up portraits of Denden, from two years ago, My On-the-Spot portraits of Abi, during her "internship" with ABS-CBN Sports, last July-October, 2013, and My B-t-Scenes Close-Ups of Alyssa, Den, Abi - as of late -- that are the more precious ones for me.


Denden Lazaro 
 May 20, 2012

--->Alecs Ongcal -----
Yes, she'd easily make for an "Artista", or a shampoo model, {with her thick locks and cover girl looks !} but Alecs's Chosen Passion is News Photojournalism. Fresh from Assumption, this La Salle Collegialla is slowly starting to get noticed.  

By some unplanned circumstance - I did manage a real One-on-One, On-the-Spot portrait photo shoot of the young lady,.......   {seated on the basketball hardwood, at the Arena, in San Juan}    .......Literally, 15 or so minutes after I had been introduced to her!, way back late 2013. I featured a few images from that shoot, in a blog post, last year pa. Whatta Pretty Lady !! - and  a Passionate Photographer,   at that !! 

Alecs Ongcal 
 December 12, 2013

Thing is, I still have to transfer my three [only three!] "Tab 3 - Portrait Snaps" [taken last Saturday] of Alecs, again {seated on the floor} to my laptop, so I can promptly insert them in this post - soon  ..

Well, I just hope these next few images are blogworthy "enuff" .....

 Anton, Eric, Luigi      
 
Aemon and Alex

Zach and Beau
I wish I could take dramatic images like these
 All Day Long .....

  
Bianca

Enter Kev', Ken and 'drew     ......  Hoe - Kay ...
All Tugetha' Naw !

Unwinding inside the Araneta Press Room with
Andrew, Kevin, Martin, Ken, 
and Alecs [below]     
{Taken with a Samsung Tab 3}

 Alyssa

Abigail

 Mika and Cienne

 Abigail

Mr. "M"

 Denden

 Amy

To win their First Ever UAAP Gold, the Lady Eagles have to win two matches in a row !, while the DLSU Lady Spikers , need only one W, on Wednesday, March 12 [Mall of Asia Arena] to wrap it up and achieve a rare 4-peat !!, in UAAP Womens' Volleyball.  

 
The Embrace

The Two Fingers

 The Eye [Bianca's]

The Finger

100% sure, I'd have lots more B-t-Scenes pictures from that Saturday's UAAP Volleyball Awards and Game 3 of the Finals - Thing is - I came F___g late !  Missed awards shots and lottsa pre-game photo opps !  My Bad !  On March 12, I'll make certain to arrive at the MoA Arena, early for Game 3.



 The Fans

brosi gonzales

Next Up - Not necessarily in this order
UAAP Womens' Volleyball Finals  - Action Photos fr Game 2
NBTC SeaOil Championships - Action Photos fr 3 Matches


No comments:

Post a Comment