Thursday, March 13, 2014

Game 3

 Moments
{Thank You ->Mark and Mon, for these two images of me, in-action}


Photo by Mark Cristino

Photo by Mon Rubio

I have just a few more images of the Ateneo Lady Eagles ->Whooping it Up On Court -
but I'll release them in my NEXT post -
besides Action Shots and Dugout Shots [Ateneo Lady Eagles'] - 
All to be featured in seperate posts too

When the Archers led by four{12-8}, Everybody AND Everubody though 'twas  All Over for the Lady Eagles - But, the Gutsy Group they are - they clawed their way up, tied it, led by one, then won it. It couldn't have been a more dramatic  Win !!

 {most of us photogs were already positioned on the La Salle end of the court as Set #5 was winding down}




I Had to Make Mad Dash to the Ateneo side a micro-second after the ref made that Last Call  {giving the win to ADMU} JUST to capture the initial burst of emotion {three images above} from Valdez.
-------


Below are images of the Ahomiro spike that ties the match, PLUS the Morente spike which sets up ADMU for Match Point PLUS three images from that last play --{which resulted on a violation called on Kim Fajardo}-- that did cost La Salle the Match.  Thing is, I've actually heard post-game comments about Fajardo, too, making another violation ->leaving her designated area [during that last play] - that would have also merited a point for Ateneo.

The Last Three Points of Ateneo :
 Ahomiro Scores  & Equalizes !!
                                                [4-frame sequence follows below]


  




 Morente scores !
[6-frame sequence follows below]






to set up Ateneo for Match Point !


In the ensuing play  ...
[below]



  As Ara Galang spikes, the ref is already blowing his whistle ...
to call Fajardo for a lifting violation


..... and promptly gives the point to Ateneo
[notice the players' heads turned toward the ref]

  Game Over !!!


The instance I see the Lady Eagles jump w joy -
I sprint as fast as I can to get to the Ateneo side  !.....


    

I was clutching my Canon 7D [with a 24-70mm], as I sprinted - and by some freak  occurennce - my other DSLR [the one w/ a 400mm lens] dangling from my strap shot 12 frames ! - Notice 2 of the 12 frames shot [above] that indicates the lens was pointed at the floor - whatever ...This the first time such "freak shots" were taken by my DSLR - without me even touching it !! ..

My first celebratory shots, are the three images [in the beginning of this post] of Valdez, on the floor - Promptly followed by these six images [below]





The celebratory images I shot, following the Valdez ones, are in the next post.


   
 After these two shots [above], I turned around to start shooting 
the other Lady Eagles.



Have just a  few  more celebratory shots in the next post   .......

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment