Monday, March 17, 2014

Game 4 - Installment #1

Moments - 
I'd been Waiting for to Experience - All These Years


I was there .... on court, and inside the dugouts [post match]   .....  SEVEN consecutive {six do-or-die} matches -->1 Knockout Match vs the Lady Falcons --> 2 versus a favored Bulldog Team and --> 4 versus an "Invincible / 3-Peat Champ' / w/30 consecutive Wins"  Archer Team   ..... The Lady Eagles Finally Won Gold  .....  doing the nearly impossible in the most Unexpected Manner Possible  ..... with Patience, Teamwork, Character, Aplomb, and Grace

{Yes, The Lady Eagles were NEVER ever a team known for trash-talking and game antics}

Who wuoldda thought ?  WE all know that the ball is round, and upsets happen - but the Unscripted Drama of it all - took everyone by surprise - Ateneo amd La Salle Faithful alike.  Me, I just came to support, watch, photograph, and pray ....

 I still am, happily, at a loss for words   ... Are my imperfect images enough to convey ???  How do I present them in a most creative/interesting way possible -in this blog ??

Bahala Na Lang !!  I'll just randomly / mix-up post my images - Action / Post-game on court / Post-game inside the dugout  ----and just  randomly add JPEGs in the next 2-3 days   .. Hahaha  ....   Here Goes      ....



Championship Point !!
After Valdez' game-winning spike [I wasn't able to capture it] [which La Salle sent out of bounds] - The Moment Finally came  .... 

Here's the initial burst of emotion [5-frame sequence]  from de Jesus, Lazaro, Valdez and Morente









As I saw Valdez going out of frame - I decided to front Lazaro to capture her initial release of emotion. In this kind of situation, It IS, literally, as far as each photog is concerned - Every man for Himself.  It'll just be Pandemonim for the next couple of minutes. You just gotta act swiftly...









In a matter of fleeting seconds I had to turn to capture the other Lady Eagles closest to me ...


 Unlike the first five images [which came from a short burst of my motor drive] in this post - these tearful huddle images come from a longer series of images - I just randomly picked from.  Here I just tried to stay steady, focused and sharp - not that easy at times - "Garapalan lang - ganoon talaga"  No time for niceties here ...  Not that easy to get great photos, too ...



Grabe ! - Enjoy !!!






 'Twould have been a great shot - had Gizelle Tan not dashed in front of my lens - but, in situations like these - You have no control at all ...



Championship Celebrations are always crazy - and that is what makes if Fun & Challenging to shoot  - where Everything is just Ad-Lib ...Baliw .. OK Lang.














Even, as a Lady Eagle fan - Seriously - I feel for Abi Marano, Mika Reyes and the rest of the Archer Squad.  [I worked with Abi and Mika last October, during a Gatorade video shot at the DLSU Gym] 

 A lot of people were irritated by Marano's antics during games - but I never was [That's just her way of psyching out their opponents].  She did OJT w/ ABS-CBN during the past UAAP Basketball Tournament - and, mind you, guys, she was one of the [laging nakangiti !! napakagaan sa loob talaga]  nicest people around !!  - I even did some great On-the-Spot portriats of the Star Athlete, during her OJT stint w ABS !!


More to come .. guys - More to come ... Just have a LOT of Non-Photography Concerns, too , that occupy my days [and nights]

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment