Sunday, March 02, 2014

On-the-Spot -> Bea & Katz

Smart Portraits
{Love the Ladies - Treat Them Right}

i say
 fall in love everyday
 if not with who you're with
 then, with what you're doing


Cheesy "unt" Super Sappy? Whatever -That's just me. 

I've Always been in Love ->with Portraiture, that is. During sports events, where I thrive - I've look for opps to do On-the-Spot portraiture.  Fortunately, a select few [not all] of my closer acquaintances/media colleagues in the sports scene have gotten used to my "occasional deskarte", wherein, on a whim, on the spot - I'd ask them to "pose", or rather, just be their "everyday selves" for me and my ever handy DSLR.

  

Truth be Told - I do Get Rejections ! Sometimes, people decline for whatever reason[s] - that I can only respect.  That's OK, no Biggy.  But, in instances when people do oblige AND trust in their Instincts and my SkillZ, AND Let their Walls Down - I just try to craft the best images I can make - given a few moments    { Could be a matter of mere seconds. a minute or two - at the most }.

Saturday afternoon, at the SMART Araneta, even as the Ateneo-NU Womens' Volleyball Knockout Match was going on - I politely asked Bea Fabregas and Katz Salao {both presently finishing their last few stints as UAAP CSRs } for a mini-mini-mini, super-mini [If I may call it that] portrait shoot ..........possibly for the last time ?  [in the sports setting, that is] -------------


 

-------
My personal [private] portrait shoots, w/ my close friends, outside the sports  scene, can last -indefinitely- (for hours even) - and, as I've stated time and again - I NEVER post images in this blog from such Private, Very Personal shoots - Again, That's Just me.

Also --- I've done On-the-Spot portraits of Bea in the confines of a radio station booth - and even have featured photographs of her hands -Yes !, pictures of her bee-yootiful/lovely !!  hands - in my blog - and did make artistic sense out of it ! [That was sometime June of 2013].
-------

Grabe mga Pre !! "Nakaka in love" talaga si Bae Fab Dito !

FYI, I NEVER saw this coming - till I checked the images at home !! But, Don't get me wrong Bea [and guys] - This is just Art that I Love.  And if that is how this particular image "comes across" to me - Even if I always try to be impartial - Simply take it as a compliment - and if you're flattered - It's All Good.   It only means that you "Got It" - and I captured it !

NOT to take anything away from Katz, too - She has an IT All Her Own - But, Hey, I'll stop this "cheesy" talk for now.  The portraits are compliments in themselves
-------



-------------Bea and Katz graciously obliged - So, I took [exactly] 21 quick shots, thanked them {beso and hug}, and bid them bye - In a spen of about 30-40 fleeting seconds - Hoping that I'll see them again, possibly, during the Womens' Finals.



Thank You Bea, Thank You Katz.
I will miss your Courtside Smarts - 
but not as much as missing Portrait Opps like these
 { If I'm Makulit - It's only because I know I can create really nice images like these,
-- that is -- Only If you graciously allow me to } 

Love You Guys

brosi gonzales

PS
Bea - Love Your Gray Jacket !! 

Tags
beafabregas katzsalao uaapcourtsidereporters abscbnsports onthespotportaiture brosigonzalesportraits

No comments:

Post a Comment