Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Martha My Dear

My Early Monochromes

 LIBYDO,
Learning by Doing, is the Way to Go !

 FYI - 35mm Black & White Portraiture was my 
BAPTISM of FIRE in Photography - 

--- plain and simple ---


Whatever gratification I get from my current Digital Portraiture
- can never be compared to the Hard-Earned Fulfillment I Experienced
teaching myself - slowly, patiently, and painstakingly - this Beautiful Art Form called Available Light Portraiture.

Always at a Loss for Words - When I remember my "rookie DAZE"
as an aspiring portrait artist - All I can do is Sigh and Wonder -
Where I'd be now,  or what I'd be Be Doing had I not taught myself
Photography in the traditional, "old school" way.  

Today everything is Instant.  Back in the day - Teaching myself portraiture was Tough and Tedious.  No instant Preview, hardly any room Room for Error, Extremely Challenging -> at the very least ! - having no A-Focus on the SLRs and having to be limited by the number of film cartridges one could carry , which at the most, had 36 exposures each.


-----------------

Fortunately  - I was able to preserve some of my favorite Black & White Available Light Portraits and eventually copied them on a flatbed scanner - ERGO, these JPEG files.  

-------- in some of the images, one can even notice the edge of the print AND even some smudges [partcularly on the images of Monette and Martha, wearing a hat] -------

TBTold - There IS a lot more from where these came from - And fact Is - I'm posting these selections, Literally, ON A WHIM - cos I simply noticed, by chance, in my Hard Drives - a random set of Black & White portraits in a folder -wherein five or so of the portrait subjects  ALL had names starting with the letter "M" .....  so - I marked them appropriately   ..... and here they are .....



 Martha
Mirror Reflection



Michelle 

[fondly called "Misha"]
{ She's the neice of my buddy Auty }


  Michelle


Monette



Melissa


Martha


                   Marga                Monette


Martha My Dear

Martha  [We fondly call her "Titat" ]  is actually my neice.



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment