Thursday, May 07, 2015

solos


From Valentine's, to March, to April Fool's, to Labor Day .....
A Few Favorites,
- no names please -
and my First 500


Another whimsical [spur-of-the-moment post] here - To think I've been telling myself the past few years to release  "my best of 2012, 2013 etc, etc " / "top pics" /  "best action shots of"  / "portrait of the week [or month]" / "best stolen shots from ..."   TYPES  -  of posts.  Yup, Never got to do it  so - for now, this just might be the closest thing to that type of post.

Can't get to my January, 2015 files [They're in a sep Ext HDisc - apart from my Feb 2015 files onward] - and I can't find the damn disc !

Now, the images in this post are favorites [solos] of mine - on the basis of a Measure Technical AND Artistic Competence {Combined}, and Overall Impact [wether it be strong or subtle]. 

That is NOT to say that these are My Very Best from Feb 14 to May 1 [the title does not have the word "best" in it]  But, suffice it to say - The images here are my Better ones, and are Standouts, at the very least.

I don't need to Wrack my brain, Scrutinize. Analyze, Compare, Deliberate {by my lonesome} any number of Images for that matter, by Judging, Labeling this or that picture as the "#1, or #2 "pic / portrait / action photo  of the month" - and all that jazz.   Just keeping my growing files Very, Very Systematically Organized 24/7 is so time-consuming in itself as it is.

Just want to share some of what i like, occasionally - and simply look for ways to Better my Imagery.  

Surely, putting a "spin", albeit subtle, even, an angle, or theme to whatever I release does matter to me - tho, at times  - wish I could just post my images right of randomly [and recklessly], but then, this blog would end up looking like a catalogue or just a senseless collection of pictures.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Araneta Coliseum, MoA Arena, Rizal Stadium, Ateneo, La Salle Zobel, Seattle's Best, Bon Chon, Resorts World, a parking lot, a track oval ..... wherever ...... all taken on Feb.14, March 1, April 1, May 1, and random dates in between the 4 specific days ..... some images were stolen, some were posed, some are reposts, some are new releases ....... practically all the subjects feat' are involved with sports, one way or another [except for one or two] .......  
And Hey, B4 I forget  - ALL the images were taken with available light ......


- February 14 -












- March 1 -

- April 1 -

Courtside

Ringside 

Bedside

Dugout 

 Study

Track Oval

 Parking Lot

- May 1 -


Why "My First 500" in the title ?

The fine young lady above posted this portrait of mine on her facebook page, sometime last weekend  ..... and as of this transcription, it has had 535 likes.

Pleasantly Surprised, It's All Good, OK Lang - Happy for Her.

Nice to punctuate the hot summer daze and evenings w portraits, every now and then -
 from all over. 

But When and Where will I get to create some real Standout Solos again ??
 - Your guess is as good as mine -  That is, at best -> Unpredictable.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment