Tuesday, May 12, 2015

M 'n M


Misagh 'n  Myla

Encountered Misagh Bahadoran about 8 years ago, First - on the football fields of the Ateneo Campus, then, eventually --- at the Football Fields at ULTRA, the ARMY complex in Taguig, the Rizal Stadium complex, and the the Emperador inside BGC.

Began to notice particularly, Myla Pablo, only last 2013 - during the Shakey's V-League {when NU won V-League Gold - whilst dethroning the Ateneo Lady Eagles} 



Most of my better action images of the Pasargad Team [2008] had Misagh in them, and dude - He was always one of the guys most likely to score ! [even now, as striker for Global FC - Not Surprisingly]

In the case of Myla, I crafted my first ever B-t-Scenes {blogworthy} images {and action shots} of the Tarlac native, that summer of 2013



 ---------
Through those 8 long years, Misagh and I have bumped into each other COUNTLESS times - on pitches all over the Metro.  And among other things ....  He simply got better through those years [at one point played for the National Team -> the Azkals]. 

And at present, as mentioned to me by one very experienced sports photographer [Anton Scheker] [in so many words], Misagh is in fine form - probably in the Best Shape - Ever !

Ain't no surprise, Misagh was one of two Global FC strikers who scored during the Global FC 2-0 win over the erstwhile unbeaten Ceres La-Salle FC {UFL League} squad. {FYI, as of late - that is the only loss of Ceres}.

 Not an iota of arrogance -
 just a child-like innocence and humble, unassuming demeanor
was all I saw that fine afternoon [at the Rizal stadium gallery] during Mother's Day.


Bumped, again, into Misagh on Mother's Day, after A Global FC win over Socceroo FC. We had the usual simple conversation.  One thing, tho, the young athlete happened to tell me was that his profile pic on his facebook page [Yes, the One True MB facebook account]  [and Yes, there are several fake Misagh Bahadoran facebook accounts] - is an image showing him with his arm around his mom.  

Surely can't help but have the impression that Misagh is, at the very least, a Loving Son to a Mother - who pretty much raised a decent young man, level-headed, and a "humble achiever", at that.

Can't really say I'm that close to the dude.  m=Me, 'm just fine, as is, being a long-time acquiantance [and I know he respects me for my work]  [that Is fine, too] ..... but maybe not as mush as I admire and respect him for his achievements.



---------



Now, the other "M" featured in this post, Myla, like Misagh, has had the distinct privelege of bringing honor to the "Three Stars and the Sun" {as the late Francis M fondly called the Phil Flag}- as of late.  The NU Lady Bulldog was on the frontliner, alongside the likes of Alyssa Valdez, Christine Agno, Jaja Santiago, Julia Morado - and other college standouts - in the country's recent participation in last week's Asian U-23 Volleyball League.



Freshly Shampooed  for the Q & A

And after watching Myla lead {scoring the crucial points during crunch time - from an 11-all deadlock on the 5th Set !!} ] the Philips Gold Slammers {Battle for Third - PSL All-Filipino} to a 15-11 knockout of the Foton Tornados - There is now, No Doubt to her legitimacy as a one of the countries finest, promising volleybelles.



Match MVP Myla Pablo [#3] and Michelle Gumabao [#7] combined for 51 points]
 in that greulling, scintillating, cliff-hanging  5-Setter vs Foton.
Myla drilled in 31.

Later, that evening at the post match dinner, Myla just happened to take the seat practically at arm's length from where I was seated [to answer a few questions from one or two writers].
All I had to do was non-chalantly pick up my DSLR [with a 50mm lens] - and quietly compose and take a few frames.

'Twas quite brief, tho, that Q & A thingy - the writers came [asked] and went.  And, again, as is my usual deskarte - When those "seemingly mundane - ergo -often ignored, let alone noticed" - unguarded moments - and I believe - truly more "honest",  simple BUT evocative {sometimes vulnerable, even} moments came   .... I simply stayed put - and again, quietly composed and shot a few frames - of Myla, probably texting [or tweeting] by her lonesome .....


After the brief  Q n A - comes the T n T 
[texting n tweeting ?]

Then, of course the eventual tactful, discreet request for a snap or two  ....


My"Lab"  Pablo - What ?

Hey, Don't get me wrong !!!  - I'm no writer, but I'm just quoting somebody I overheard in the parking lot, as she was bidding Myla good-bye. [FYI - just trying to have a catchy caption,
that's all]

I'm just happy for the girl, having worked so hard to come this far - to attain such an enviable Stature - that's all.
But what would make me truly happy is that [in the next encounters] I simply Get Better
{and BETTER !} Photos of Myla [and Misagh, too] - Action Shots, B-t-Scenes Candids or just Simply Soulful Portraits.

Certainly Doable.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment