Friday, May 01, 2015

About April 1

 { A Post without Pictures }
Certainly Not Foolish


Last April 1 - {Fool's} - I had two separate shoots.

The first one [morning] was an assignment for a glossy mag, my subject being PBA player {Meralco Bolts} Jared Dillinger and his wife Eunice, and their little daughter, Haven.

I had a pleasant time executing the assignment [ just doing my job ], whilst challenging myself to craft images that would, hopefully be, close to perfection { No harm in striving for the "impossible", Right ? }, complement an article [to be written by Maya Montecillo] on Jared - for "PBA Life", the title of the said up-and-coming glossy, set to be launched on May 15, thereabouts.

The second one [afternoon onwards] was NOT an assignment.  "Twas a Private One-on-One Portrait Shoot - the "trend", of which, was of a Very Unpredictable Nature {Very Personal too -If I may say so} - All in All, FUN -
a "One-of-a-Kind" Artistic Collaboration that has been going on for the past three years or so  !!

Seriously ? - Yes.

Anyway - Bottom Line is - maybe ... Nothin' New on April Fool's for me  ...
I'm just doin' what I love { get paid for it }  ... Take it to a Higher Level, and as the  days, weeks, months progress  ... make mistakes along the way  ... discover new "strengths" every now and then ....and try to Improve Constantly 
[hirap din minsan - a totoo lang]

Know what ---
'Twould be ethically wrong for me to release any images from my mag shoots, in as much as I'd like to share some images that I do like a lot [from four separate shoots] in the past 10 days or so   .....

.....  and as far as my April 1 portrait shoot is concerned {prescheduled, as far back as a week before} - No, I've never released images fr my private portrait shoots in this blog - It's just my policy.  Anyway, there's just enough of my on-the-spot/behind-the-scenes portraiture {during sports events} {occasionally} in this blog to give a hint of my skill level - No to mention flickr.com/brosigonzales, which has just enough samples of my portraiture.


brosi gonzales



















































 

No comments:

Post a Comment