Monday, October 26, 2015

In a Different Light


The New 
UAAP Men's Beach Volley Champions'
 On-the-Spot "Pahabol" Portraits
- Gold, Vulnerability and Strength -

 --- {Either Ya Have it OR Ya Don't !} ---


Marck Espejo, Ysay Marasigan, Karl Baysa

I simply came too late to shoot the new UAAP Mens' Beach Volley Champion Blue Eagles {at the 2nd Flr Lobby of the MoA Arena} being interviewed by ABS-CBN Correspondents Addie Manzano and Janeena Chan {just yesterday - 15 minutes or so before the Ateneo vs NU Mens' Senior basketball match}.  

The Trio were just about to exit the premises when I barely caught them. I managed to borrow a precious fast minute or two  ... Did My Thing Promptly - lighting angles, quick ! art direction - a few hand gestures - a few "choice, specific words", to DISARM them, let them put their "walls" down .....

..... IF ONLY - for a few priceless moments  ..... then Voila! - I simply got Great Impromptu Images {below} {from a series of 10 frames with the same disarmed demeanor} - then I knew - 'Twas Done - A fresh set of Soulful Images of the young champions - in the bag !

-----

 The three images that follow [below] are from a total of 27 ---[shot in Servo Mode - several frames per second - {in a span of less then a minute, w prompt pauses, of course} ]--- are my Favorites !  from that mini-mini {super-mini} photo shoot.






 Who SEZ my subjects have to be looking at my lens
for their Portraits to be Evocative ??


Anyways .......

A "game-faced" parting shot for this post
And a BIG Parting Thanx to the Champs !

Til the Next "OPP"
"Occasional Pahabol Portraits"
Guys !



But Hey, Seriously - Champs ! 
 You didn't have to bow to me or whatever ... !? 
  or was it ... 
... that you just couldn't contain your laughter ?!



 Tha- ha ha -nk You !
 brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment