Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Portrait and a Poem

Shadows and Echoes





This blog, including my original one --->brosigonzales.blogspot.com, was [is] meant to share some of my sports experiences, showcase my photographic skills .   .   .  maybe give a hint of how my psyche works [through the few sporadic human interest posts I've released], even sometimes [rarely?] reveal some personal things [relationship things, if U know what I mean] about me [I am very careful NOT to reveal names - that's just NOT right]  .  .  . 

.  . .but when I glance [even] at some OTS [even pahabol] portraits [of course Im referring to a very,very few select photos] of some athletes - The pictures do take me to a different place  .  .  .

Even when I was framing Terrence Romeo [in my viewfinder] whilst observing the light, adjusting my manual settings and checking my angles, and composition, background etc. - I knew I had a Winner.  Man oh man - I LOVE these unplanned moments, that sometimes - come to me - i just have to be calm AND alert and yes ->always challenged and inspired. 

Each to his own - people will have their own "takes", or reactions, to any single image. From my point of view, as the photog of the image - a soulful image [portrait] will always resonate inside of me in it's own unique way - - -  
- - - as though that single portrait is the "sum total" of ALL the great portraits I've crafted - all these years  - It will never be really sad or happy, truly joyful or tragic - It will always be ALL of the above. [Actually, I'm just trying to "sound profound" here - nyeh!]

Colors become textures, textures become tangible, shadows "come to life" - I feel life, love in every single [of course, it has 2 be a damn good portrait first !] image and fleeting moment  -  Words literally POP outta my head, thoughts, sentiments, emotions are rekindled  ---  

And maybe, I just typed the silliest, sappiest things ever [above] ever in this blog - But that's just IT - That's me  - And if that's the sentiment AND spirit that drives me to create portraits and action shots - Then I'm FINE. I will never run out of Art.

By FINE - I mean
Fucked Up  / Insecure / Neurotic / and Emotional !! Hahaha !!
At sa akin lang - talaga - gusto ko lang laging may tama [gotta hit home], may kaluluwa [gotta have soul]- maski sa pinakasimpleng kuha [portrait] [or gets -ha!]

And if I could take damn good portraits of every single person I  ----> like / have a crush on / care about / admire / am infatuated over / value / miss / cherish / love ---  [fyi - the said categories are DISTINCTLY separate - tho, some people fall in several categories combined] ---  24/7  - I would.

 Pero, ganoon lang - I'm just so passionate and driven to the point that my images [portraits in particular] compell me write "stuff" [like the lines below]

-------------------------------------

.   .   . shadows fall
[shadows all over my dreams]
echoes call
[echoes come out of the night]
dark or light
[winter, spring, summer or fall]
day or night
[my life is haunted it seems] 
 
.   .   .  i see your face
i hear your voice
shadows and echoes call  .    .    .


----------------------------------

The OTS Portrait - No fanfare - but a moment worth capturing
 Absolutely Love It [particularly the shadows & lights].
The Poem  - Am I just playing with rhyme ?
or do i miss someone in  particular ? maybe, maybe, maybe

There is NO relation between the Portrait and the sentiment in the Poem except that - the shadows in the portrait triggered the words.


brosi gonzales

PS
Have yet to post my
Eaglets-Baby Tams Sept.21 action shots
UST-NU    Sept.22 action shots and my 
DLSU-FEU   Sept.25 action shots too 
Images for the post prev to this !!
what !!?? nauna pa itong whimsical post  
No worries I'll post them

Tags
terrenceromeo portraits terrenceromeopictures availablelightportraiture 
brosigonzalesportraits


No comments:

Post a Comment