Monday, September 23, 2013

B-t-Scenes - Sept. 21

Mall of Asia Arena 

Saturday Snaps

Watch the Ateneo Blue Eaglets - FEU Baby Tamarraws UAAP Final Four hoops match [12 noon-2 p.m.] at the MoA, last Saturday morning and the La Salle Green Archers - FEU Tamarraws Seniors Playoff match later in the afternoon [4-6 p.m.]

Take some decent action shots of that Juniors match-up [to be released in a separate post], and much more action shots of the said Seniors Playoff match.  By Sunday morning, my favored action images [promptly pasted w/ the new Gatorade Logo] from the DLSU-FEU match, are already w/ an ad agency.

Besides the said photo requirements, as usual, take random, non-action  B-t-Scenes photos after both matches.

 Old friends and New acquiantances [whatever] - It's All Good


Jolo Mendoza / Mike Nieto / Arnie Padilla / Matthew Nieto 
Eaglets All 
Come to think of it, I do remember meeting Arnie last May 5 [2012], at that NBA thingy I covered at the MoA. [I'm sure he doesn't remember me] My friend ARlet, even had a crush on ARnie. Ha!

Pedro Picornell / Aika Lim / Paolo del Rosario 
 If the family name's Gaspar or Picornell, {or Tang or Teng} the person's prob from DLSU. If the family name's Achacoso or Arespacohaga, {or Tiu} the person's prob from ADMU.  If it's Lim or Elorde or Capacio - hard to say.

 Zymon

Baby Tamarraw [as in - FEU Diliman] fans

High School Blu-Babble
 [Top L-R] ->Christopher Agbayani / Raffy Losa / Anton Segismundo / Kole Alejandro
[Bottom] ->Gab Castillo / Raniel Santos 

Gang Green 1

The Escalers
 Tess / Justin aka Jose / Pancho
[would have been perfect if Jose's brother and sister were around] 
-- Known Pancho and Tess for years now --

The Norwoods
Cassius / Leah / Gabe / Orion
-- Known the Norwoods since the summer of 2012 -- 
My "unplanned acquaintance" w/ Gabe & fam took root when I started stealing snapshots of Cassius - a months-old baby then - at the Araneta [Leah would bring Cassius to the PBA - Paul Lee and Gabes' RoS team mates would occasionally dote on Cassius.
 

The Nietos
Matthew / Le Bron / Girlie / Jet / Mike
[sister Nicole is playing UAAP badminton - meanwhile] 
--  Known the Nietos since ->Well, a few minutes before this image is taken --

Jane

Gang Green 2
Raffy Dy / Belijah Reyes / Carlo Pamandanan / Joaquin Uy / 
Abbey Posadas / Sygryd Fuentes / Jino Ferrer



Ericka
Colorful Character !

 An Ateneo Blue Eaglet fan

Ina and Tris 
"In a" single fleeting glance, Ina Ongsiako, can simply charm you.
You don't have to be a photographer to notice that. 

Ina, Do you remember the two words I mentioned to you last Sept.15 ??
--- Muy Simpatica --- 




 Larry / Kiefer / Mozzy / Tris

Patricia
Trivia --- PBB Alum and UST Volleybelle ->Patricia Santos 
is the female lead in Moonstar 88's Music Video of their single "Gilid"


 Jose
Winning Smile 

Tamarraw Fans [left] ->Chris & Chari 
Archer Fans [right] ->Dana & Tristan

Birthday Boy w/ the Boys in Blue 
Jason Perkins just celebrated his birthday the previous day, Friday, Sept.20 

If DLSU so happened to have had a match excatly a week previous & I'd bumped into Perkins on that game date -  I would have had a photo of me beside Jason - posted it in this blog and captioned ---> "Brosi with Jason - Friday the 13th" Ha !


 Two Ateneo Blue Eaglet fans

Two FEU Tamarraw fans
[Hyra and Lisa]

 One More Time -
Larry / Kiefer / Mozzy / Tris


 Mandy

Jane 
I know you're a [UST] Tiger fan, but why you wearin'
Leopard, er - I mean,  aren't those Cheetah-patterned slacks ??
BTW, where's Tarzan ?


 Ina
 Just whizzing by - Whimsically

The photo above was actually taken about 2 weeks ago
 [I did "misplace" the JPEG for a while].

Available Light has it's nuances - and as far as I'm concerned - understanding, being aware of, even embracing it ->yes, those ever so subtle [angles, fickle "behavior", it's harsh or soft caress]  [kanya nga nuance ang tawag eh!] - is so important for me - it helps me NOTICE MORE "seemingly mundane" moments   .   .   .  wala lang  -  the thing is --->the fleeting, whimsical moment I captured  [in the photo above] simply reminds me AGAIN, how keenly observant, sharp, I should be and even "lightning fast" if only to capture those elusive moments - once in a while.

Also, this might sound totally silly, but - I say --->real charm, too, has it's nuances too -- and it's off-cam /when people aren't watching / during those unguarded,  unplanned moments -  when I do "get" how naturally friendly some people are.  It might even appear that I'm putting Ina Ongsiako on a pedestal and"above " the other courtside reps - No, no, certainly not !  I'm just sharing my how my psyche works, how the seemingly trivial moments reveal so much about people, how their "souls are bared" in a micro second or two  - And here I am comparing that with the way light behaves !  Hahaha !

Maybe I love my people photography too much - that I get these "ridiculous ideas".  Bottom Line - I love what I do and if that makes me a better photographer every single shot I take - then It's All Good

 

brosi gonzales


Comin Up
UST vs NU [Seniors Final Four - Sept.22 match]
ADMU vs FEU [Juniors Final Four - Sept.21 match]
A Human Interest feature [w images of kids]

Tags
matthewnieto mikenieto jetnieteo girlienieto lebronnieto aikalim paolodelrosario pedropicornell zymonbumatay erickaalcantara
patriciasantos janebracher kieferravena larrydaeng mozzyravena triscarlos
inaongsiako mandymangubat joseescaler panchoescaler tessescaler
gabenorwood leahnorwood ateneoblueeaglets

No comments:

Post a Comment