Thursday, February 27, 2014

Random

What Canon replaced in my
 100-400mm tele-zoom


 Just for the "Novelty" and Heck of It, I photographed defective components [from my Canon 100-400mm telephoto-zoom lens] which were replaced by Canon a few weeks ago. 

Due to wear and tear, and partly due to carelessness on my part [when on two separate occasions the lens fell on a concrete surface - Augh !!] the lens [which I sometimes call my "baby"] eventually became stuck up, ergo, unusable.


Didn't mind waiting for two months and not being able to shoot particular sports events - 'Twas the bill that really hurt.  With the cash {that went to cover the bill}, coulda bought a brand new med-priced lens already, or cover my monthly bills - water, electricity, transpo, food, some good times ..  all the way till X'Mas .. or spend for an overseas trip/hiatus to an Asian destination. 

 Well, just venting out here - I got reminded, the hard [costly] way, of a simple huge lesson [No brainer!] from that expense [that could have been avoided].

Simply have to be 1,000X more careful with my equipment.

----------


Trivia ? The lens actually has over a hundred very minute ball-bearings imbedded between several rings [for lack of the proper tech term] [refer to the top/first photo] - and I scattered the bearings on a sheet of white paper, beside a one peso coin - to show how minute they are.


brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment