Sunday, April 19, 2015

Just Sayin'


Missing Mom and Dad
"Death IS a Part of Life"


I read that quote somewhere [before] and never really understood it until after my Nephew [1995], my Brother [2005], my Mom [early 2014], and my Dad [early 2015] -Passed Away.

NO Biggy here - Just sayin'.

I'd like to think that I have a healthy attitude towards/about/with regards to Death
Now, having said that ........


Guernica's [Sucat] 2012
Mom's 90th Birthday !!

Occasionally remembering the Good Times  ?  Why Not


 Can You {I} Feel the Love Tonight ? 


During my "Architectural-Career Days"
while I was teaching myself Film Photography -I managed this
 On-the-Spot Available Light Portrait {STILL my favorite genre}
of Oscar and Lydia
- Dad and Mom -

Never knew that one day 'twould be the
Quintessential Portrait
of Mom and Dad
that WOULD STAY with me 
[Forever]

This is How I'd like to remember Mom and Dad

--------------

And If I May Say So .....

Last April 1 - I was in a Very Close Good Friend's car - we were on our way to Mega Mall - and somewhere along the trip / and conversation - I got to mention how a Reginald Dwight {aka Elton John ! } song, as of late, "stirred up" my sentiments about Mom and Dad - I Never Intimated that to anyone else - then  ...

One quiet March evening, as I was spending hours glued to my laptop - the soundtrack from the Lion King aired on the radio.  {I suppose each of us reacts differently to the same piece -wether it be a a musical, graphic or literary art piece - right?} On my part - that sound track really Hit Home for me - and I simply couldn't get Mom and Dad - and ALL that they had sacrificed for me [and my 3 siblings] of my mind - Mine Eyes watered momentarily  ......

As I was actually relating that "March evening private moment" to that close friend of mine - My voice did break and my eyes watered again ... Never Really Shed Tear tho - OK Lang ... BUT That is Not the Point -

The Point, that I easily came out in simple words IS - as I was feeling senti again was - at least I Was/Still Am very grateful for ALL that my parents Gave to Me - and that my Memories of them Will Eternally be Wholesome and Happy - and even as they'd been gone for some time  - I still "feel" them occasionally {maybe, that's how I miss them - whatever}. -> THAT Plain and Simple,

BTW, the title of that Lion King soundtrack  - So easy to remember ..

"Can You Feel the Love Tonight ?" 


brosi gonzales









No comments:

Post a Comment