Thursday, April 30, 2015

Stay With Me




Cassandra and Julia


It's practically two years ago [to the day] - when I first met Cassandra Gequillana and Julia Morado - then, up 'n coming [untested] rookie recruits for the Ateneo Lady Eagle Volleyball team.

Had NO [whatsoever] assumptions, preconceptions, previous knowledge of any sort - of the young fresh high school grads. 

My "normal curiosity", or rather, my propensity {bordering on obsession ? Say What ??}------- 

to interpret photographically - {in the Most Interesting Manner Possible !! - 
as in take on-the-spot portraits of, first opp I get}  interesting people I meet 

 ------- NETTED me these images, that now {2015}, take on a "new meaning", become "even more priceless", so to speak ------- in the light of the Back-to-Back UAAP Championships these young collegiallas have earned, since that ordinary "May day" in San Juan.


 May, 2013
My FIRST EVER 
pictures of Cassandra and Julia


Just managed to come across an old, May, 2013 blog post of mine - and noticed a 2-some photo of Cassandra and Julia [together], and a [random, on-the-spot] group photo showing some Lady Eagles [vets and new recruits together] just casually "perched"  on a basketball contraption, on the side corridors of the San Juan Arena.



May, 2013
TEAM Players !
R - Mona, Dzi, Cassandra, Jia
F - Anna, Tasha
 

To think,
that I've got tons of unreleased B-t-Scenes photos from Sports Events I've been covering - since way back 2009 - AND already formerly released images, that I can post ANYTIME, in ANY context I choose - It is So Refreshing, and Very Sentimental, at the very least -
 [when I do - rarely, tho} ........

........   and even --> Constantly Challenges me to Raise the Level of my Imagery - to make it 
More Evocative, More Eloquent, More Revealing AND ALWAYS carry/maintain a Simplicity, Truthfulness AND Soulfulness -  that make the Images STAY, STAY -> STAY.

Again, NOT That It's Easy Accomplish   .......

It IS So, So {Refreshingly} Rewarding tho, when Achieved.

-----------

....... Stay with me - Cos, You're All I Need .......

PS
I asked Julia "Jia" Morado once, way back January of 2015, who some of her favorite Musical Artists might be - I do remember the first name she mentioned -> Sam Smith



brosi gonzales

Tags
ateneoladyeagles monabagatsing dzigervacio angelinegervacio cassandragequillana juliamorado annagopico natashafaustino 
tashafaustino ladyeaglesportarits ladyeaglespictures


PS  2
I have an upcoming feat on UST Tigress [veteran] Pam Lastimosa
Haven't gotten that "spin", or context - yet  coming outta my moody stream of thought
Don't wanna force it  
Hey, Pam - No worries - I'll feat you soon !

Yikes ! - I covered ALL the 7 Games of the recently concluded 2015 PBA Commissioner's Cup  Finals - and have hardly posted any of my favorite Action Images from that series [which was punctuated by a Double Overtime Game 7 {Winner take ALL !} Win 
by Talk N Text !

They ALL Go to the PBA Mailing List - First of, IMMED' after each game, then to the PBA 
Website. {I don't even bother to check which ones they use, actually}
Have to Find a Way to blend them in the chronological flow of this blog,
albeit being late - Soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment