Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Best Friend { Used to Be, that is }


Postcards from the Edge



Digital is the norm these days .

Suffice it to, after several years with my Canon DSLRS, I've amassed a Treasure Trove of priceless "people pictures"  - literally thousands (and thousands) of captured moments -  from the mundane, the silly, the fleeting, the stolen - even the "seemingly insignificant" "pahabol"  shots
- yes - in digital format - and yes - that is so cool, with all the conveniences of technology.

rrAnd that technology has made it easier for me to share "my roots", so to speak - images from my analogue trove - from my film days --- and not, mind you, containing solely/exclusively images that I have taken - but also images (as in analogue prints) that have been given to me.

Of course, not surprisingly - It is the pleasant, the memorable, and the "happy" which does carry this blog (and hopefully keeps it light-hearted, and easy on the psyche) - ergo these memorable, 
"colorful", very significant snapshots from - way, way [way] back .......

Wala Lang .....

Besides these travel photos from Europe, I have my own mosaics, if I may call it that (film images)  (a few hundred on-the-spot film portraits),
of my "best friend" ........ but snaps like these [there's a lot where these came from ] or -> "Postcards`From the Edge" have as "pricelessness"  all their own.

I do treasure other poeple's imagery [photos from their own personal archives], as much as I value mine - particularly those [once upon a time] closest to me, even if they are now oceans apart - and even if I've lost touch with them  -  through the years.

That's just me.



-











brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment